Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Two Assistant Professors Methodology and Statistics (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Utrecht University is looking for two Assistant Professors Methodology and Statistics. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The Department of Methodology and Statistics of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Utrecht University is looking for two Assistant Professors Methodology and Statistics. The Department of Methodology & Statistics provides teaching in methods and statistics within all Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences and University College Utrecht. The Department offers the only two-year master’s degree programme exclusively centred on methodology and statistics in the social, biomedical, and behavioural sciences in the Netherlands (in cooperation with Twente University and the Biostatistics group of Utrecht University Medical Centre). In collaboration with Statistics Netherlands the Department offers a track within this Master labelled European Master of Official Statistics, granted by Eurostat. The Department also advises staff and students with respect to their research activities.
The research of the Department of Methodology and Statistics focuses on methods and techniques for the Social and Behavioural Sciences and comprises topics like research synthesis techniques, longitudinal studies, SEM and multilevel analyses, survey research, Bayesian statistics, and qualitative research. Additionally, our Department plays an active role in the Utrecht University focus area Applied Data Science and collaborates with the strategic themes Dynamics of Youth and Institutions.
The positions involves 60% teaching activities and 40% research time. The core tasks will include:
- contributing to the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes within the curriculum of Methodology and Statistics;
- carrying out and supervising research within the scope of the research programme;
- contributing to the acquiring of substantial external research funding for the benefit of the research programme.
We are looking for two colleagues who have:
- a PhD degree in the field of Methodology and Statistics;
- experience in conducting scientific research in the field of quantitative research methods, ideally applied data science, multilevel or structural equation modelling;
- scientific creativity and productivity, as evidenced by having recent (international) peer-reviewed publications;
- the ability to contribute to the acquiring of external research funding for the benefit of the research programme;
- experience with developing and coordinating academic courses in a team setting;
- the ability to to provide inspiring lectures and an eye for the improvement of teaching methods, as evidenced by positive teaching assessments;
- a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or are willing to acquire this qualification in the near future;
- good communication skills, a proactive work attitude, and are able to work within a team;
- the willingness to learn Dutch. We expect a relevant level of competence within two years of taking up the appointment;
- work experience outside Utrecht University (ideally).