Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Two-year Post-Doc position (0,9 FTE) in the project ‘Time in Translation: a semantics of the Perfect’
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a PhD candidate for the project Time in Translation. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
You will be participating in the project Time in Translation: a semantics of the Perfect (TinT). This project is funded by NWO, by way of a 'Vrije Competitie' project awarded to Prof Dr Henriëtte de Swart and Dr Bert Le Bruyn at Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
TinT aims to develop the meaning of the present perfect. We analyse perfect use in relation to other verbal tense forms both at the sentence and the discourse level through parallel corpus and experimental work in 5 languages (Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish). The project is entering its third year and the overview of publications and presentations on the project’s website gives an idea of the directions in which it has developed.
TinT is currently offering a postdoc position with 1 January 2020 as the intended starting date. The successful candidate will work in a team with the two PIs, Jos Tellings (Post-doc, website), Martijn van der Klis (PhD student, website) and a number of affiliated students from the BA to the PhD level. We are looking for a Post-Doc with complementary expertise, in particular in theory-driven experimentation.Tasks :
- carry out research that fits the overall goals of the TinT project;
- design and carry out theory-driven experimentation;
- presentations at workshops and conferences;
- publication of two peer-reviewed articles, partly in collaboration with other project members;
- co-organisation of workshops and conferences;
The successful candidate has:
- a PhD degree in theoretical linguistics with a strong experimental component;
- interest in tense and aspect, cross-linguistic variation, acquisition (L1/L2), translation;
- fluency in at least one (Germanic/Romance/Slavic) language aside from English;
- ability to perform and publish high-quality research, demonstrated for example by a strong publication record in international peer-reviewed journals;
- excellent English oral proficiency, academic writing and presentation skills;
- excellent organisational, social and communication skills.
We offer a fixed-term position (0.9 FTE) in an international working environment. for two years with a one-year initial trial period, starting 1 January2020, or soon thereafter. The maximum gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - is €4.274 (scale 10 or 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment.
Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). Here you'll find more information about working at Utrecht University.
A link to the application website will be added to the project’s website Time in Translation as soon as possible. The application deadline is 14 October 2019.
Interviews, live or by videoconference, will be held during the week of 28 October 2019.
The intended starting date is 1 January 2020.