The new Assistant or Associate Professor is expected to conduct research into scientific challenges in the field of geothermal science and engineering, for …
Trainee Lecturer in European Culture
European Studies of the Faculty of Humanities has a vacancy for a Trainee Lecturer in European Culture. A fixed-term, two-year appointment to teach courses in …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 - 22 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
A fixed-term, two-year appointment to teach courses in modern European literary and cultural history, as part of the core undergraduate European Studies programme for the academic years 2018-19 and 2019-20.
We offer the position as an experience place for a temporary teaching position for recently promoted young academics. The teaching staff focuses on candidates who wish to acquire teaching experience in an academic environment. During their appointment, the candidates go through a professionalization process that supports them in their professional, didactic and academic development.
You have a background in European literature/cultural history and are able to teach tutorial groups on the following core courses: National Thought in Europe, European Literary History, Articulating Europe, and Philosophy of the Humanities. These courses cover European literature, cultural history and theories and methods of analysis in the humanities. Preference will be given to candidates who have the experience and/or potential to teach across national cultures and across a variety of genres and sources.
- Provision of teaching in English and Dutch, in the BA programme, in the area of expertise;
- supervising BA theses;
- keeping track of relevant scholarship and integrate new insights into teaching;
- taking part in committees and working groups, and carrying out departmental administrative tasks as directed.
We expect you to have a relevant background in the field of teaching and a proven interest in European Studies, preferably with experience of working in an interdisciplinary environment. We will consider interest and experience with interdisciplinary research and teaching an advantage.
- PhD recently obtained, in a relevant research field;
- some teaching experience;
- willingness to acquire the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO);
- affinity with ICT in university teaching; some experience of digital and audiovisual teaching facilities is an advantage;
- a good team worker
- good organizational experience and skills;
- good command of both English and Dutch; able to teach in both languages.
The appointment will be temporary for two years and will start on 1 August or 1 September 2018. The UFO profile for this position is Docent 4 (scale 10).
The gross monthly salary will range from €2,588 to €4,084, based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week) depending on relevant teaching experience. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information, you may contact:
Professor Michael Wintle
T: +31 (0)20 525 2280
Your application should include a full academic CV and letter of motivation. Please submit your complete application no later than 24 May 2018 using this link.
We will not take paper versions of your resume and cover letter into consideration.
Interviews and possibly a trial lecture/seminar will be held in the weeks between 4 and 22 June 2018.