Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Trainee Lecturer in European Policy and European Integration
European Studies of the Faculty of Humanities has a vacancy for a Trainee Lecturer in European Policy and European Integration. A fixed-term, two-year …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 - 26 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
A fixed-term, two-year appointment to carry out teaching duties in European Policy and European Integration in the Bachelor and Masters programmes for the academic years 2018-19 and 2019-20.
We offer the position as an experience place for a temporary teaching position for recently promoted young academics. The teaching staff focuses on candidates who wish to acquire teaching experience in an academic environment. During their appointment, the candidates go through a professionalization process that supports them in their professional, didactic and academic development.
You must hold a degree in European Studies, History, Politics, International Relations or another relevant field and should have demonstrable working knowledge of contemporary European policy-making and the politics and history of European integration. We consider practical experience with or within EU institutions an advantage. Expertise is required to teach courses such as European Integration, the Contemporary European Union, and advanced courses on European policy and European integration (including those with a field-based component), as well as more general courses in European Studies, e.g. research methods or Philosophy of the Humanities, and Turning Points in Modern European History. Incidental teaching in the MA is also expected.
- Provision of teaching in English and Dutch, in the BA programme, in the area of expertise; incidental teaching, under supervision, in the MA programme;
- supervising BA theses;
- keeping track of relevant scholarship and integrate new insights into teaching;
- taking part in committees and working groups, and carrying out departmental administrative tasks as directed.
We expect you to have a relevant background in the field of teaching and a proven interest in European Studies, preferably with experience of working in an interdisciplinary environment. We will consider interest and experience with interdisciplinary research and teaching an advantage.
- PhD recently obtained, in a relevant research field;
- some teaching experience;
- willingness to acquire the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO);
- affinity with ICT in university teaching; some experience of digital and audiovisual teaching facilities is an advantage;
- a good team worker
- good organizational experience and skills;
- good command of both English and Dutch; able to teach in English. The ability to teach in Dutch is an advantage.
The appointment will be temporary for two years and will start on 1 August or 1 September 2018. The UFO profile for this position is Docent 4 (scale 10).
The gross monthly salary will range from €2,588 to €4,084, based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week) depending on relevant teaching experience. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information, you may contact:
Professor Michael Wintle
T: +31 (0)20 525 2280
Your application should include a full academic CV and letter of motivation. Please submit your complete application no later than 24 May 2018 using this link.
We will not take paper versions of your resume and cover letter into consideration.
Interviews and possibly a trial lecture/seminar will be held in the weeks between 4 and 22 June 2018.