1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD fellowship | biologicals for PET at the Tracer Center Amsterdam
Will you develop the new tracers based on biologicals to detect protein aggregates in Parkinson disease?Your challengeTogether with 5 other Early Stage …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 uur
- € 2336 - € 2992 per maand
Will you develop the new tracers based on biologicals to detect protein aggregates in Parkinson disease?
Together with 5 other Early Stage Researchers (to be recruited by University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Uppsala University (UU), Johannes Gutenberg – University (JGU) and BioArctic (BA)) you will contribute to the implementation of PET-AlphaSy’s Work package 1 which focuses on positron emission tomography (PET) imaging of α-synuclein with biologicals like monoclonal antibodies.
Within WP1 you will develop dual-labeling techniques of biologicals targeting α-synuclein. The biologicals will come from the pharmaceutical partners within the consortium. After in vitro evaluation, you will evaluate the new PET tracers in vivo together with one of the other PhD fellows hired for this project..
Mobility within the PET-AlphaSy European Training Network is of high importance and you are therefore expected to spend 3 months at Uppsala University and 3 months at H. Lundbeck A/S.
The candidates will be enrolled at the ONWAR (Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam Rotterdam, www.onwar.nl) at the VUmc. The graduate program requires the student to obtain 30 ECTS points during the PhD trajectory in order to graduate.
We are looking for a dedicated and skilled individual with excellent analytical skills, good command of written and spoken English and should be able to work in a team as well as independently. You also have the following qualifications:
- Obtained a MSc degree in biology, pharmacology, chemistry or equivalent;
- Experience in radiochemistry (89Zr) with biologicals is prefered.
- Experience with in vitro methodology
- The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment – unless as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention .
- The researcher must be Early Stage Researcher (ESR): at time of recruitment he/she must be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of his/her research careers and must not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
Salary Scale PHD: 2336 tot 2992 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
In addition we give a bonus of 8,3% of the year’s salary at the end of the year and 8% of the year’s salary as holiday bonus. VUmc employees can profit from a advantageous health care insurance and other benefits. For more information see our website.
According to the rules of the EU, PhD fellows working in a ITN program might have additional salary bonus as living and family allowance. These are to be established based on the personal situation of the candidate.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (a declaration of good behaviour).
The application must include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a list of peer reviewed publications, as well as possible letters of recommendation and diplomas.
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact dr D.J. Vugts at +31204445699 or alternatively Prof. dr. A.D. Windhorst, via telephone number +31 20 444 9707.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at 020-444 5635.
You can apply till 23 December 2018 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.