Assistant Professor Human Movement Sciences
Do you have a completed PhD in human movement sciences, biomedical engineering, or a related area, and would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team in an academic environment? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
We offer an assistant professorship within the section Neuromechanics of the department of Human Movement Science in the Faculty of Behavioural and Movement Sciences. The department has a strong interdisciplinary and international orientation and is unique in bringing together a large group of academics from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds, all addressing human movement as the topic of their research and education. We are searching for a candidate who focuses on biomechanics, physiology, and motor control and their application in the context of rehabilitation. We aim to expand our expertise in the direction of neurophysiological stimulation techniques and/or musculoskeletal imaging.
The candidate is expected to (a) develop a strong, innovative research program, (b) acquire external research support, (c) conduct excellent teaching, (d) show departmental citizenship, and (e) engage in valorisation activities. The candidate will contribute to major parts of the department’s teaching programs, and will supervise Bachelor, Master, and, where possible, PhD students.
- Completed PhD-thesis in human movement sciences or a related area;
- Demonstrated methodological and analytical skills relevant to biomechanics of human movement;
- Fit with the Neuromechanics research program, with its focus on the interaction between musculoskeletal biomechanics and neural control;
- Knowledge of and affinity with rehabilitation and/or physiotherpy;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in peer-reviewed academic journals;
- Demonstrated ability to acquire external research funding;
- Teaching qualification and/or experience (as evidenced by excellent teaching evaluations);
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,656 (scale 12), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The employment contract will affect a period of 4 years. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 16 April 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: prof.dr. Jaap van Dieën
Position: Department Head