Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant professor in Finance (Tenure Track)
Are you driven for top-notch research and teaching in Finance in a dynamic department? Please apply as Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
We seek a new colleague who can contribute to building and extending our department’s reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research aims at having impact, evidenced by publications in top international academic journals and collaborations with companies. Our teaching portfolio involves a variety of quantitative courses at bachelor, master and Ph.D. level and thesis supervision. We offer a well-structured tenure track.
- doing innovative research and publishing this research in international leading journals
- creating a stimulating learning environment for students at all levels (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., and executive teaching)
- being active in acquiring additional research funds, both individually and together with your colleagues
- having a completed PhD thesis in Finance or related field
- strong research potential
- teaching experience, evidenced by good evaluations
- fluency in English
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 (scale 11) and a maximum €4,978 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system. The position is full-time, part-time (≥0.8fte) is possible.
The initial employment contract for an Assistant Professor will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of tenure. The tenure track position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). At the end of the second year a mid-term performance evaluation will take place by the Tenure Track Committee (TTC). In the fifth year, the TTC will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment, based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system at SBE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 6 years, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae, cover letter, two letters of recommendation, (job market) paper, and teaching evaluations (if available) until 3 December 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. R.C.J. Zwinkels
Position: Professor of Finance