Credit Mobility Team Leader
Are you ready to lead a diverse team and do you know how to motivate team members based on commitment and trust? Do you feel at home in a complex organization and do you have extensive knowledge of and affinity with Study Abroad? We invite you to apply for the position of Credit Mobility Team Leader at VU Amsterdam’s International Office.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 5127 per maand
The Credit Mobility team provides information and support to students who participate in the University’s exchange programmes and fee paying credit mobility programmes. The programmes include the VU Amsterdam Summer School, VU Graduate Winter School and Semester in Amsterdam. The team is committed to providing a study abroad experience to as many students as possible and contributes to the quality and diversity of VU Amsterdam’s student body. One of the team’s core tasks is to build and strengthen ties with providers of higher education around the world. We also strive to develop new forms of credit mobility in cooperation with our partner universities, whereby cooperation within the European Aurora Network plays a key role.
As Team Leader, you will establish the preconditions under which your team members can perform their work most effectively and with joy. You will be a sparring partner for both your team members and the management to help achieve the joint goals. You have an eye for what is going on in the national and international field and are constantly on the lookout for innovations and improvements. You are able to forge existing practices and new ideas into a well-thought-out and inspiring whole. You prefer to think in terms of solutions and often see multiple choices or alternatives, whereby the result is a clear interpretation of the issue and the provision of sound advice to the management. Your leadership style helps to form a tight-knit team and encourages data-driven working and a service-oriented approach. You deploy periodic mobility reports and KPIs to steer your team in the right direction and you foster relationships with other units in your department and across the faculties in the interest of achieving the University’s internationalization ambitions. You are an inspiring coach and leader and can maintain a good balance between the talent of the individual and the strength of the collective. In addition to your team, you will work closely with the department’s other two team leaders (Degree Mobility Team Leader and Services Team Leader) and the Head of Department.
Your tasks will include
- managing 16 employees, including conducting annual performance interviews and encouraging and monitoring development goals
- deploying and developing practical expertise in the field of student mobility and internationalization policy within the team
- identifying opportunities for and implementing service improvements with an eye to quality and diversity
- supporting and encouraging existing and new opportunities for exchange and credit mobility programmes within the various faculties and degree programmes and removing mobility barriers (‘mobstacles’)
- coordinating the response to incidents involving students at home and abroad
- managing the budget and financial results of the team
- drawing up periodic mobility reports and KPIs
- helping to develop the University’s mission and vision on internationalization
- maintaining the team spirit and encouraging an inclusive and safe working environment
- degree from a university or university of applied sciences
- at least two to four years of operational leadership experience, preferably in higher education or in the field of internationalization
- practical expertise in the field of internationalization and student mobility, whereby experience with exchange programmes is an advantage
- experience working and networking with national and international partners and affinity with contract education
- experience of policymaking and project management, preferably in the field of student mobility
- you endorse the mission and core values of VU Amsterdam
- good numerical insight and analytical skills
- good intercultural and communication skills and comfortable working in a complex organization
- solution-oriented, stress-resistant, decisive and able to forge a tight-knit team
- good command of Dutch and English
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,836 (scale 10) and a maximum €5,211 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: Internationalisation Officer 1/Head of Department 3 is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 1.0 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent contract.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- discount on (and occasionally exclusive access to) theater performances and courses at the Griffioen Cultural Center
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload a short curriculum vitae and thoughtful cover letter until September 30, 2021 (both in English).
The first interview will be held on Tuesday 28 September or Thursday 7 October 2021 (dates subject to change).
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Wendy Maat
Position: Head of Mobility Department
Telephone: +31 20 59 84144