Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Full/Associate Professor in Statistics
The Department of Mathematics is seeking a new colleague who is passionate about scientific research and education. We are looking for outstanding candidates …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5453 - € 8371 per maand
The Department of Mathematics is seeking a new colleague who is passionate about scientific research and education. We are looking for outstanding candidates with a proven expertise in statistics or mathematical data science. This may include (but is not restricted to) mathematical statistics, computational statistics, statistical learning, and statistical data science.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in our active and lively statistics group, where both fundamental en applied statistical research is carried out. The group has strong ties with mathematical statistics groups of the other universities in The Netherlands, as well as with the statisticians of the Amsterdam UMC.
The position is a full professor position, but there is the possibility for excellent, younger candidates to be appointed as associate professor and after a track of 5 years and a positive evaluation be promoted to full professor. The starting date is on or before September 1, 2022.
The department has a strong desire to hire more female colleagues. Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be expected to
- perform excellent research in the area of mathematical statistics and to play a leading role in the new developments in the field
- contribute to the general educational programmes of the department, at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and take leadership in ensuring that the many statistical educational activities are consistent, up-to-date, and conform to the highest academic standards
- show academic leadership nationally and internationally
- participate in everyday departmental activities and administrative tasks, including writing grant proposals
The successful candidate
- has a PhD in mathematics or statistics and has academic publications in leading journals
- has an outstanding track record of achievements in the field of mathematical statistics and has a strong international network in the field
- has shown capabilities in stimulating junior researchers and supervising PhD students
- is an inspiring lecturer and has experience in supervising students
- has experience in developing curricula and teaching material, has a broad vision on new developments in the field, and is able to implement these developments into the teaching program
- has good communication skills
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On a full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,453 (scale 14) and a maximum €8,371 (H2), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- good paid parental leave scheme
- child daycare facilities available on campus
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button by September 1, 2021 and upload: a cover letter in which you describe your abilities and motivation, a curriculum vitae, a publication list, a research statement and a brief teaching statement, as well as the contact details of three potential referees.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Mathisca de Gunst
Position: Professor in Statistics & Head of the Department of Mathematics
Name: Harry van Zanten
Position: Professor in Statistics