Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
PhD position development of social cognition in adolescence
A full-time, PhD studentship on development of social cognition in adolescence is available at the department of Clinical- Neuro- and Developmental Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. The project is embedded within a larger, interdisciplinary project funded by the Ammodo Science Award 2020.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
Adolescence is a time in life associated with major changes in the social, emotional and cognitive domains. One of the hallmarks of adolescence is a heightened attunement to the social context. Most studies either use lab based measures, or measures in real life. However, very few studies use a combination of both methods. Therefore,it is not well understood how lab based measure are related to real life behavior. The main goal of this project is to test how sensitivity to the social context within a lab setting is related to real life behavior.
The project will use functional magnetic resonance imaging, experimental tasks, questionnaires and real life diary data. These different modalities will be combined in analysis to chart how lab based measures are related to real life behavior, and how this is supported by patterns of neural activation.
As a PhD candidate, you will work in close cooperation with the Social Educational Neuroscience Amsterdam(SENSA) team. Within the SENSA team, you will be part of a young, multidisciplinary team, including senior and more junior faculty members. Your project will be supervised by Dr. Barbara Braams, Prof. Dr. Lydia Krabbendam and Prof. Dr. Paul van Lange. More information on SENSA can be found here: www.socialeducationalneuroscience.com
- responsibility for all aspects of the data collection, including programming of the tasks, recruitment and participant testing
- data analysis of fMRI data and behavioral data
- manuscript preparation
- presentation of results at national and international conferences
- teaching responsibilities (0.1 FTE)
- A completed MSc degree in the field of psychology, preferably neuropsychology, social psychology or developmental psychology
- Interest in social development in adolescence
- Good knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Good command of English and Dutch
- Good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,395 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €3,061 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter (max 2 pages) and provide the contact details of two referees before November 1, 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
See also our other PhD positions on this project:
- cooperation and helping between groups among children
- portable EEG research on social dynamics in schools
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. B.R.Braams
Position: Assistant Professor
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature