Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Phd Positions In Operations Research/Operations Management
Are you a highly-motivated student interested in doing research in one of the research fields of Operations research /operations management? Then you can now apply for one of the following PhD positions Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
The Department of Operations Analytics of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam studies how data can be transformed into better decisions for a variety of processes and operations. Research efforts are aimed at analyzing data-driven decision-making problems arising in industry and society, in particular related to Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Sustainability and Networks.
By examining the mathematical structure and properties of these decision-making problems and by developing novel data analysis and optimization methods, the Department wants to offer academic and practical insights on how to tackle contemporary challenges.
We are offering 5-year fully-funded Ph.D. positions on the following research topics:
- Mathematical optimization for decision-making under decision-dependent uncertainty
- Operations management for a sustainable economy
- Emerging trends in urban logistics: The impact of stakeholder behavior on decision making and sustainability
- Learning to optimize: The application of learning tools to improve optimization algorithms
As a Ph.D. student on these projects your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- to develop new ideas and insights which will lead to international publications and a Ph.D. thesis
- to actively participate in international conferences and contribute to projects with academic and industrial partners
- to assist in teaching activities of the department
- A master's degree in Operations Research, Operations Management, (Applied) Mathematics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Experience with problem-solving, analytical and modeling skills
- Strong motivation and ability to generate high-quality research with the aim of publishing top-tier journal
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; Dutch proficiency (or willingness to learn Dutch) is not required but is appreciated
ConditionsWe offer you the opportunity to join a young, international and ambitious research group on challenging research topics with a large research and valorization potential. For your project, you will work in close collaboration with a dedicated supervising team of senior researchers who will guide you through the Ph.D. research process and welcome you in their international research networks.
Depending on your prior education, you will be offered a customized doctoral training program to boost your research and teaching skills and prepare you for an academic career. Job opportunities for doctoral graduates in our research field on the labor market are excellent, both in academia and in industry.
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,395 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €3,061 (PhD) per month during the fifth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 5 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until September 6, 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Dr. Wout Dullaert
Position: Head of the department