Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - NWO-institutenorganisatie - Utrecht
In this project you will develop optical metasurfaces that control the coupling and trapping of light in ultrathin high-efficiency solar cells. We will use …
The position is part of Dr. Catarina Dutilh Novaes’ ERC Consolidator project ‘The Social Epistemology of Argumentation’, which is devoted to investigating the …
The position is part of Dr. Catarina Dutilh Novaes’ ERC Consolidator project ‘The Social Epistemology of Argumentation’, which is devoted to investigating the role(s) of argumentation in social processes of sharing and producing epistemic resources such as knowledge, justification, defeaters etc. This postdoc project focuses specifically on formal theories of argumentation, in different disciplines: argumentation theory, logic, artificial intelligence, game theory, formal social epistemology. The postdoc will survey a number of prominent formal accounts of argumentation in order to determine how best to capture the key idea of the project, namely that argumentation is best conceived of as social epistemic exchange, within a formal framework. The postdoc project will be carried out in collaboration with the principal investigator, Catarina Dutilh Novaes, and PhD students and another postdoc to be appointed at later stages. The position includes ample funding for research and travel. A full description of the ERC project is available upon request; candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the project when writing their letter of application.
• Conduct research on the project topic, resulting in several papers in international peer-reviewed journals;
• Participate in the teaching and research activities of the Theoretical Philosophy group, depending on the candidate’s needs and availability;
• Co-supervise Ph.D. students and potentially supervise students in the Department’s Bachelor and Masters programs;
• Participate in the university’s grant-writing support program and submit at least one proposal to a national or international funding agency;
• Co-organize and coordinate project workshops and other events.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. degree (or an approved thesis and a set defense date) in Philosophy, Artificial Intelligence, or Argumentation Theory, with a strong academic record, demonstrable affinity with social epistemology and argumentation theory, and solid formal skills. Excellent spoken and written English as well as strong academic writing skills are essential.
• The appointment will initially be for 12 months. After satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, it can be extended for a total duration of three years;
• Preferred starting date: Fall 2018, and no later than November 1st 2018.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl such as:
• Remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance
• Solid pension scheme (ABP)
• A minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment
• Generous contribution commuting allowance based on public transport
Salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and is expected to be
€ 3238,00 gross per month based on full-time employment (pending on the candidate’s experience and seniority).
For additional information please contact:
Dr. Catarina Dutilh Novaes
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature