Postdoctoral Researcher And Lecturer In Adaptive Organisations & Reflective Practices For Inclusive Innovation
Do you have experience in facilitating and studying transformation?
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
We offer the position of postdoctoral researcher and lecturer in adaptive organizations & reflective practices. The Athena Institute’s research programme aims to contribute to the improvement of societal and technological innovation processes in the realm of food and food systems, agriculture and rural development as well as in public health and well-being in a sustainable and equitable way. The way (public) organisations are able to respond to changes in their environment and take part in and accommodate inclusive innovation processes, is of growing importance in the light of current social challenges and an expanding area of research. The research involves studying and facilitating processes of change within (public) organisations (such as research institutions, governmental organisations, agricultural collectives, health & welfare organisations) with a focus on enhancing the reflexive capacity of organisations, teams and professionals through interactive methodologies for evaluation and co-design. By studying and designing inclusive, multi-stakeholder, innovation processes, this research should be considered to contribute to dynamics of societal transformation and system innovation. The postdoc position involves contributing to this research area for 50% of the time and teaching in various courses offered by the Athena Institute for the other 50%.
Research tasks include, but are not limited to, contributing to research acquisition in this area, further conceptualising this area of research from a system innovation perspective, operationalising the research for and in collaboration with specific organisations, designing and facilitating focus groups discussions and reflection sessions.
Teaching tasks are embedded in the wide variety of courses offered by the Athena Institute and include course coordination, workgroup coaching and lecturing as well as supervising Master students during their internships and literature reviews on diverse topics pertaining to the wider educational programme of the Athena Institute.
• a PhD degree, preferably in the field of science & technology studies, public policy and governance, organizational change (incl. knowledge on communities of practice, reflective practitioners), knowledge cocreation, system innovation, public sector transformation or other discipline(s) that show(s) an integrated social sciences and natural sciences background
• are a team player, willing to integrate the characteristics and requirements of your object of research (enhancing the reflexive capacity of teams and professionals) into your own professional way of operating as a researcher and as a member of a transdisciplinary research team
• preferably have experience with designing and facilitating focus group discussions and reflection sessions as part of change processes. You also have experience or affinity with participatory research methodologies, reflexive monitoring in action, learning histories, most significant change techniques
• have potential for, or experience with, obtaining research grants
• hold a network of relevant (inter)national contacts
• have excellent teaching skills and you are an engaged and inspiring lecturer, as proven by student-evaluations
• are well capable of supervising a theoretical thesis, research projects and student internships
• have published in refereed international journals or books
• write and speak Dutch and English fluently
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,402 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8 FTE. This position is also recruited through an Dutch-language advertisement with vacancy number #6763.
The appointment will initially be for a period of one year with a possible extension conditional upon assessment of adequate functioning.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until October 29, 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. A. Loeber
Position: Associate Professor