Temporary teaching position Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Since its founding in 2016, John Stuart Mill College of VU Amsterdam offers an international bachelor programme in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE). …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
Since its founding in 2016, John Stuart Mill College of VU Amsterdam offers an international bachelor programme in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE). The PPE programme (www.vu.nl/ppe) is a joint initiative of three faculties of VU Amsterdam. We are seeking candidates for a PhD-candidate/teaching position with full employment benefits.
As one of the teaching assistants you will teach seminars for Foundations of Microeconomics, Microeconomics and Methods and Methods of PPE II: Statistics within the College, and play an active role in the PPE-community.
- a completed (research) master degree (or PhD) in economics or in an interdisciplinary programme combining PPE disciplines
- an excellent background in economics
- good mathematical and statistical skills
- excellent command of the English language
- the ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
- the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- a willingness to actively contribute to the community life of the John Stuart Mill College
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of € 2,790 (scale 10) and a maximum € 4,012 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 1 FTE.
The appointment will be for 8 months. The starting date will be 1 September 2021.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 8 July 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
prof. dr. René van den Brink
Head of studies economics