Junior scientific researcher Computer Vision and hyperspectral imaging in horticulture (36 hours)
executes projects in the field of advanced automated horticultural production systems with a focus on computer vision applications;focusses on the application …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- executes projects in the field of advanced automated horticultural production systems with a focus on computer vision applications;
- focusses on the application of hyperspectral imaging and possibly chlorophyll fluorescence imaging;
- develops new image analysis and control software for in the green environment, e.g. for the detection of diseases and pests, prediction of yield, quality detection of fresh products and crops;
- is responsible for the development of the control of mechatronic components via digital and analogue interfaces within complex mechatronic systems in the green environment;
- is project leader in (work packages of) projects together with academic and industrial partners;
- conducts applied scientific research within the projects;
- communicates relevant research results to practice and science.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious researcher computer vision, with:
- Background in computer vision, study of natural or biomedical science.
- Knowledge of various image analysis techniques, data analysis methods, classification and statistics.
- Experience with multi- / hyperspectral / chlorophyll fluorescence cameras and analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of illumination, optics and camera systems (2D, 3D) including calibration.
- Proven experience with the structured development of complex software, programming in C++ and/or C#; - Experience with vision control systems Git/SVN is an advantage.
- Experience with Halcon and / or Matlab is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with image processing in the green environment and the willingness to learn the challenges of horticulture.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Driving License B.
- Experience with project-based work.
- Is an enthusiastic independent researcher with good communication skills and team spirit.
- Is customer- and quality-oriented and stress tolerant.
ConditionsWe offer a temporary employment contract with an average working week of 36 hours, salary a maximum of € 4253, - gross per month for a full working week (scale 10) and depending on education and experience. The duration of the employment contract is initially for the period of one year with possibilities for extension. In addition to a market-based salary, we offer you good study and leave arrangements and a pension plan with the ABP Pension Fund.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact dr. Silke Hemming, team leader research team Greenhouse Technology, tel. 0317-486921.
Information about employment can be obtained from Marike Westra, HRM department, tel. 0317-480324.
You can apply online via www.wur.eu/career up to and including 29 April 2018.