We are looking for an enthusiastic lecturer that will be actively involved in the education of the chair group Meteorology and Air Quality. Two of the core research methods in our field are (i) collection and analysis of field observations, and (ii) development and use of atmospheric models. Teaching our students on these methods is important. However, this type of education requires intensive hands-on instruction and supervision. Furthermore, those parts of our courses need updating to simplify their deployment in courses with significant student numbers, and to keep up with the new developments in the research field.
The tasks are: preparing, teaching, assisting and evaluating in the courses that have either a strong modelling component or intensive field work; optimizing intensive courses course-by-course (optimize time available from lecturers for instruction and feedback and adapt courses to larger student numbers, while maintaining small instruction groups).
- A completed MSc in atmospheric sciences or related fields and affinity with the field of meteorology and air quality.
- Experience in academic education (as teacher or teaching assistant), preferably in education involving modelling and/or field practicals.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and speaking, in English (at least level C1, willing to work towards level C2) and preferably Dutch.
- Affinity with students.
- Initiative, creativity, accuracy and goal-orientation.
- Organizational skills and a collaborative attitude.
A challenging position of Lecturer for a period of 5 years with, depending on your experience, a salary from a minimum of € 2.709,- to a maximum of € 4.274,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10). An appointment of 32 hours is negotiable.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions (obtaining University Teaching Qualification (UTQ));
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented.
For more information about this function, please contact prof.dr. M.C. Krol, chair holder MAQ (email@example.com
This vacancy is open up to and including 15th September 2019.