Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
We are looking for a post-doc candidate that will be involved in a collaborative project with several European partners in the ERA-net COFUND call SUSFOOD2. …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
We are looking for a post-doc candidate that will be involved in a collaborative project with several European partners in the ERA-net COFUND call SUSFOOD2. The successful candidate will join an active, interdisciplinary team at the Wageningen Agrotechnology & Food Sciences Group, as well as at the Pharmacology division of the Utrecht Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Utrecht University.
Poly-unsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), in particular of the long chain n-3 type, are considered to have positive effects on a variety of biological functions, including on immunity. Currently, the most important dietary source for long chain n-3 LCPUFAs is the consumption of (fatty) fish. There are, however, sustainability issues connected to consumption of fish. Alternative sources for n-3 LCPUFAs exist, such as algae, specific higher plants, etc. The objective of the project is to determine whether such alternative sources are equally good in providing n-3LCPUFAs as is the 'traditional' fish-source, in terms of bioavailability and of immune-supportive effects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic post-doc candidate that will work on the immunological effects of dietary n-3 LCPUFAs, obtained from sustainable sources, both in an in vitro setting and in a murine model for cow's milk allergy. In addition, the candidate will be involved in the possibilities to stably incorporate such PUFAs into tangible food products, investigating their quality parameters. The candidate will also be involved in data management, and in communication and dissemination activities related to the project.
The successful candidate has:
- A PhD-degree in a topic in which immunology is a main topic is imperative; without this, no need to reflect on this announcement;
- Experience with animal experimentation;
- Experience with in vitro immune assays;
- Active feeling for food science;
- Experience in working in a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent communication skills as well as excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
ConditionsA job at an organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As post-doc you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer you a temporary position for 1 year, with a possible extension of 1.5 years. The position is for a maximum of 36 hours per week and a gross monthly salary of minimal € 2.588 rising up to € 4000 depending of the previous working experience (corresponding to salary scale 10 CAO VSNU). We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
Additional informationFor more information about this project, please contact either
- Vincenzo Fogliano, Wageningen University FQD-department, tel. +31 317 485171 , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linette Willemsen, Utrecht Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, tel. +31 620245763 , email@example.com
- Harry Wichers, Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, tel. +31 317 480175 , firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply online at www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until 22 June 2018