We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated research officer who excels in communication, for a permanent position of 1 fte with the chair group …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated research officer who excels in communication, for a permanent position of 1 fte with the chair group of Cultural Geography (GEO) at Wageningen University & Research.
The successful candidate will map out and identify potential research synergies within and beyond the GEO group, in particular focussing on facilitating participation in projects undertaken by Wageningen Research, e.g. Wageningen Environmental Research (WENR), in the spirit of the One Wageningen policy. The successful candidate has the opportunity to develop their own research project with the prospect of e.g. a PhD degree.
A research officer in the GEO group will contribute to a strongly internationally oriented research programme at Wageningen University. We ask ROs to:
- Facilitate the process of joint proposals and project work and create synergies with other groups and Wageningen Research
- Propose ideas for academic publications (can, if applicable, be listed as co-author).
- Hold poster sessions at conferences
- Propose well-founded ideas for research projects and follow-up research projects.
- Inform members of GEO about ongoing research, objectives and results to be achieved
- Provide directions and ideas about methods and procedures to be employed in upcoming research projects
- Draw up (or delegate the drawing up of) schedules and coordination of on-going and future research
All candidates should fulfil at least the following requirements:
- A Master's degree in social sciences.
- Experience in knowledge brokering
- Good writing and illustration skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment and with students who have a natural science background
- Work is performed efficiently, effectively and to a high standard
- An enthusiastic personality to contribute to the social environment of the group.
ConditionsWe offer you a challenging position of 1 fte (38 hours per week) for a period of 1 year, with potential extension, pending performance review. Depending on your expertise and experience, a salary from a minimum of € 2835,- (gross) to a maximum of € 3895,- (gross) based on fulltime employment.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationIf you have any questions about this position before submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For this position you can only apply on line, not later than 15 September 2019
Please don't send your application directly to Edward H. Huijbens.