2 dagen geleden - Wageningen UR - Wageningen
Researcher Flowerbulb Physiology
Are you the plant scientist with good plant physiological knowledge and a passion for research, able to cross the bridge between fundamental plant processes and flower bulb production systems? In that case we are looking ...
- Bleiswijk, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
Are you the plant scientist with good plant physiological knowledge and a passion for research, able to cross the bridge between fundamental plant processes and flower bulb production systems? In that case we are looking for you!
We are looking for a colleague who contributes to the team performance by adding his or her own expertise to the expertise of our group, thus creating new scientific and business opportunities. Are you a team player, who likes to work with professionals both within the team and in our organisation? Do you like to communicate with clients and other stakeholders? Are you able to formulate and acquire research projects, operate as project leader and, of course, to conduct scientific research? Please apply!
- Relevant scientific degree in e.g. plant science or biology, preferably PhD.
- Thorough knowledge of plant physiology.
- Relevant research in topics such as: photosynthesis, bulb and flower development processes, abiotic stress, internal quality, markers for development phase transition. Our candidate has at least expertise on one of these topics and is willing to obtain expertise on other promising topics when opportune.
- Knowledge of and experience with research methods and measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of molecular marker technology (gene expression) is an advantage.
- Willingness to work for a contract research organization. Knowledge of the flowerbulb sector is an advantage.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- An enthusiastic, independent, creative, communicative and stress tolerant researcher, quality oriented, with team spirit and a problem-solving approach.
- Drivers license B.
ConditionsWe offer a position for 32 to 36 hours a week. One year contract with prospect of extension to a permanent contract. The salary will be € 4847 gross per month maximum (full-time basis, scale 11), depending on education and experience. Besides a market-based salary we offer you training programmes, flexible leave conditions and a pension scheme administered by ABP pension fund.
You will be based in Bleiswijk, but you will also regularly be required to work at our research facilities in Lisse (open until January 2019) and Wageningen.
Additional informationIf you have any questions, please contact Eric Poot, Head of Crop production & quality; tel. +31 317 485554, email firstname.lastname@example.org , or Marike Westra, HRM, tel. 0317-485757, email email@example.com.
Applications can be submitted online at www.wur.eu/career . You can apply up to and including February 15, 2018.
BedrijfsomschrijvingWageningen Plant Research is the leading contract research organisation for plant sciences worldwide. Business unit Greenhouse Horticulture & Flower bulbs is one of the business units within WPR. Commissioned by and together with private companies, science and government, we conduct research, develop innovations and translate knowledge into practice. WUR Greenhouse Horticulture & Flower bulbs has four research teams:
- Crop health, substrate, soil and water
- Crop Physiology
- Crop production and quality
- Greenhouse Technology
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is "To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life". Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at thespecial career site.