Scientist Honey bee biology and health
Are you a teamplayer with an academic background in Honey bee research with respect to honey bee biology and health? Honey bee biology and health are key …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you a teamplayer with an academic background in Honey bee research with respect to honey bee biology and health? Honey bee biology and health are key issues in ensuring a sustainable beekeeping sector and pollination of crops underpinning food security and ecosystem functioning. Do you have the ambition to develop this field further? In that case we have an interesting job for you at Wageningen Plant Research!
As Scientist Honey bee biology and health:
- You have knowledge of honey bee biology and health and other honey bee related topics
- You perform and supervise research in a team setting, both in the field and laboratory environment. This includes practical handling and research activities with honeybee colonies;
- You publish and communicate about the research scientifically as well as for beekeepers, agriculturists, industry, government and laymen;
- You keep up with all relevant scientific and societal literature that helps to perform and reach out our research;
- You translate results of scientific research into practical recommendations for stakeholders, including some extension to beekeepers;
- You Initiate new research and write proposals to acquire funding from government, funding bodies, industry and charity foundations;
- You guide master students and trainees involved in the research;
- You build and maintain a relevant national and international network.
We look for an ambitious scientist holding a master's degree or a PhD degree in Biology/agricultural sciences. You have knowledge of and (practical) experience with honey bee research. You speak Dutch or are willing to learn Dutch.
You have proven experience with or interest in:
- Honey bee biology
- Honey bee pathology
- Evolution, Ecology and Genetics
- Pollinator Ecology
- Competences to be a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest to acquire research contracts
- Project management skills
- Excellent talents for writing and presenting
- Good networking competences
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment.
A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional flexible hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4% as of December 2021; excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and its university has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 17th consecutive time.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Willem Jan de Kogel, Business Unit Manager, telephone 0317-480654 or by e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the procedure, please contact email@example.com.
General information about the Business Unit Biointeractions & Plant Health can be found on https://www.wur.nl/nl/Onderzoek-Resultaten/Onderzoeksinstituten/plant-research/Biointeracties-Plantgezondheid.htm.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including 16 February 2022.
In this first round please only send your resume and motivation letter. Any other documents will not be taken into consideration at this stage.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.