Do you have a PhD in virology, microbiology or a related field, and a passion for education? Are you interested in applying and further developing your …
ongeveer een maand geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 22 - 22 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you have a PhD in virology, microbiology or a related field, and a passion for education? Are you interested in applying and further developing your teaching skills while designing and coordinating innovative activities that support small scale education? Then you might be the ideal candidate to join our group.
As a successful candidate, you will become part of an enthusiastic team with a passion to train students in plant, animal and human virology. We teach these virological topics in a broad range of courses at Wageningen University and coordinate 2 BSc and 2 MSc courses as a team (all offered in English). We are looking for a teacher with broad educational interests, and hence able to contribute to diverse courses. One of your main tasks will be to enable and facilitate small-scale education, including teaching research competences, and assisting students in developing academic writing skills. You will work together in this with the other scientists and technicians in the Laboratory of Virology and you will serve as the principal contact for answering student's questions. Within this teaching position, we will coach you in your ambitions to further develop your teaching and educational design skills.
- A PhD in virology, microbiology or a related field;
- Knowledge of virology at least at MSc level;
- A strong affinity with teaching research competences (e.g. experimental design and academic writing skills);
- The ability and interest to guide and coordinate groupwork;
- Interest in working on educational design and innovation, while taking into account the position of courses within their education program;
- Strong interpersonal skills towards colleagues and students;
- Assist in designing exams in line with the learning outcomes/level of the courses;
- An interest to play an active role in the functioning and atmosphere of our chair group;
- Speaking Dutch is a preference for this function.
ConditionsA max 0.6 fte appointment, first for 1 year with an option for a total of 3 years upon a positive evaluation.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Monique van Oers (0317-485082;
firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Gorben Pijlman (0317-484498; email@example.com).
For more information about the procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
General information about the Laboratory of Virology can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Plant-Sciences/Laboratory-of-Virology.htm
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including October 5, 2021.
We hope to schedule the first job interviews around October 18, 2021.
In this first round please only send your resume and motivation letter. Any other documents will not be taken into consideration at this stage.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.