1 dag geleden - Klaverblad Verzekeringen - Zoetermeer
Associate ABN AMRO Strategy Office
ABN AMRO is a full-service bank with a transparent and client-driven business model, a moderate risk profile, a clean and strong balance sheet with predominantly traditional banking products, and a solid capital position and strong funding profile. We serve retail, private and corporate banking clients, with a primary focus on the Netherlands and with selective operations internationally.
ABN AMRO’s Group Strategy Office is our bank’s strategy consulting department. The Group Strategy Office is the strategic accelerator of our bank. The financial industry is undergoing major and fundamental changes, driven by developments in different domains. Evolving customer needs and expectations require a proactive response and the team is instrumental in positioning ABN AMRO for the future.
The Group Strategy Office conducts strategic projects with high relevance for the business lines and subsidiaries within the group. Projects are conducted in multidisciplinary project teams that work closely together with business lines and in close cooperation with top management of the bank. The team resides within the Strategy & Sustainability department of ABN AMRO and reports directly to the CEO Kees van Dijkhuizen.
- Gustav Mahlerlaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- WO, Postdoctoraal
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
As an associate you will work on specific components of a project conducted within ABN AMRO, on corporate level or for a specific business line. You will work as part of a team on a wide variety of topics, from supporting the definition of the strategic vision of the bank or in a business line, to conducting analyses and supporting implementation of strategic projects.
Typical projects conducted by the team are for example:
- Strategic agenda – support the Executive Committee in driving and prioritizing the strategic agenda on corporate level, for the four business lines and supporting departments
- Near & long-term vision and strategy – support the Executive Committee in determining the near and long-term vision and strategy for ABN AMRO group, based on outside-in views and capability assessment
- Cross-border value creation – analyze and assess activities in all countries in ABN AMRO’s footprint on performance, future outlook and improvement potential
The Group Strategy Office will be established in close cooperation with The Boston Consulting Group. At our Group Strategy Office you will be able to develop your analytical, conceptual and consultancy skills. All team members will be offered an extensive training curriculum and receive all the support to ensure fast-track career development. As you grow and gain more expertise, you may - after two years - move into the role of advisor. You will gain a 360 degree understanding of ABN AMRO group, which makes this position an ideal one should you aspire to move from a strategic consulting position into a line management or other specialist function within our bank over time.
As a Group Strategy Office Associate you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of ABN AMRO. The associate role is a challenging and demanding role. Therefore we are looking for highly talented and enthusiastic colleagues matching the following description:
- Intrinsically motivated & fiercely results oriented
- Curious & innovative
- Analytically driven – strong quantitative and analytical capabilities
- Good problem solving skills – structures issues logically and creates practical ideas
- Good sense of humor & pleasant to work with
Knowledge and experience
- Excellent academic track record (Master degree); degree(s) with a strong quantitative component preferred;
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken;
- Ability to speak and understand Dutch, or willingness to learn.
What we offer
At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients’ interests always come first.
The main focus of our team is to create value for our stakeholders and be relevant for the business. We do everything to get the best out of our people and believe and invest in their success. We are focused on your personal development and will offer you an extensive training curriculum to facilitate personal and professional growth. You will be empowered to perform qualitative and quantitative analyses and develop a thorough understanding of complex problems. Furthermore, you will work on your skills in a dynamic team that challenges and helps you to make progress.