1 dag geleden - Leiden University - Leiden
The Faculty of Science, Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research is looking for a Full Professor of Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (1.0 fte)
Job descriptionThe primary tasks of the Student Counsellor are to:• Give students 1-on-1 guidance and counselling, in both personal and academic issues;• Prepare students for the requirements of various transitions over the course of their ...
The primary tasks of the Student Counsellor are to:
• Give students 1-on-1 guidance and counselling, in both personal and academic issues;
• Prepare students for the requirements of various transitions over the course of their studies at EUC (f.e. the start, the binding study advice, declaring a Major, considering an exchange, preparing for the Capstone project);
• Rolling out the IPP-ethos of EUC, meaning that students are expected to be Informed, to be Prepared and to be Proactive;
• Helping design and implement EUC policy;
• Signal and respond to the needs of the student cohort (f.e. by identifying & sharing academic best practices, giving workshops and/or talks on relevant topics);
• Advocate for a student when needed;
• Work closely with the colleagues of the CASA-team;
• Work with internal departments (Office of Student and Educational Affairs, the Student Life Officer, Examination Board, Department Heads) and external agencies (Student Psychologists and student advisers from other faculties) where necessary.
• You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree;
• You have relevant experience working in an (higher) education environment (preferably at least two years);
• You have formal training and experience in individual counselling and you are verifiably empathic, culturally sensitive and open-minded;
• You have a hands-on and result orientated mentality, you excel in teamwork and you are passionate about working with people;
• You have excellent communication skills and you are highly proficient in the English language (either English is your native language or you are at least certified at C1 level in the CEFR, though C2 level is much preferred);
• You are looking forward to becoming a proactive member of a stimulating academic and international community that is the hallmark of a university college.
EUC will consider applicants who would be able to fulfil the vacant position for 0.7 fte. The new Student Counsellor is invited to join Erasmus University College per 1 December 2017 (as the current Student Counsellor is leaving mid-December). Contracts will initially be running for a period of one year, with a possible extension.
Due to the need to have at least one Student Counsellor from the CASA-team on duty every day of the week, as well as due to practicalities, EUC would require the new Student Counsellor to work on at least Thursday and Fridays. Flexibility is key.
The conditions of employment comply with the ‘CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten/Collective Agreement Netherlands Universities (CAO NU)’. Salary is subject to relevant experience and will be within salary scale 9 or 10. Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8.0%, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and a sizeable number of vacation days.
For more information about the Erasmus University College, look at eur.nl/euc.
For more information about the vacancy, applicants should contact Marlies Koolhaas, Head of the CASA-team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and motivation letter (both in English) by Wednesday 20 September 2017 via e-mail to Marlies Koolhaas (email@example.com). A small selection of suitable candidates will be invited for interviews in the first week of October. The interviews will be held in English. The start date of the appointment will be in principle 1 December 2017 or earlier if both parties agree.
Erasmus University Rotterdam is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.
The expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) is concentrated in the fields of Business Administration, Economics, Medicine and Health Sciences, Law, Social Sciences, History, Culture and Communication, and Philosophy. In addition to the initial degree programmes and scientific research, the University offers specific postgraduate study programmes and courses. Erasmus University has around 25,000 students and some 2,700 staff members.
Erasmus University College (EUC), invites applications for a Student Counsellor who will be working closely together with two other Student Counsellors from the Counselling, Advice & Study Abroad (CASA)-team in its Dean’s Office.
CASA’s mission is “to facilitate the best possible intrinsic development of our students in a safe environment, allowing them to maximize their performance.” Within this framework, the Student Counsellors look after the academic and personal progress of our students. Each Student Counsellor is specifically responsible for a cohort of students (around 220) throughout the full duration of their studies at EUC.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature