5 dagen geleden - NRGD - Utrecht
Senior Legal Counsel
Legal People is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel for EuroCCP.
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar, 10-15 jaar
European Central Counterparty N.V. (EuroCCP) is a central counterparty headquartered in Amsterdam. Central counterparties (CCPs) play a pivotal role in the financial markets by providing assurance that transactions will settle at the agreed price in the event one party defaults on its obligations and increasing netting and settlement efficiencies. EuroCCP is the most connected CCP in Europe and provides post-trade services to 37 stock exchanges,
multi-lateral trading facilities, equities trading platforms and for OTC equities trades. EuroCCP operates under supervision of the Dutch Central Bank and the Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets. On 1 July 2020 EuroCCP was acquired by Cboe, one of the world’s largest exchange holding companies. With this acquisition Cboe and EuroCCP see an opportunity to grow their business in Europe by pursuing the development of derivatives trading and clearing capabilities in the region. The Legal and Compliance Department currently exists of four professionals, two lawyers and two compliance professionals in Amsterdam and in London. To strengthen this department in Amsterdam due to growing business, we are seeking to appoint a new team member.
Senior Legal Counsel - with an international and external focus
As Senior Legal Counsel you are responsible for advising the organisation on all relevant legal matters and for regulatory matters with regard to EMIR and other relevant EU-wide legislation. You ensure the quality of legal advice and documentation. Furthermore, you play an important role in legal relationships from EuroCCP towards clients, regulators, other stakeholders and the global Cboe organisation. The Senior Legal Counsel reports directly to the Head of legal and compliance.
- 8+ years of experience in an international law firm and/or in the financial sector
- experience with the legal framework relevant to regulated services
- excellent contract drafting skills and experience with regulatory driven policies
- having worked for or having advised a securities post-trade business or clearing company is an asset
- a flexible, communicative, self-starting and entrepreneurial professional with a focus on delivering high-quality work
- fluent in English and Dutch
- challenging responsible position in a team of highly driven professionals
- in an ambitious growing international organisation that operates at the heart of the European financial market infrastructure
- EuroCPP and Cboe offer excellent development and training opportunities, with respect for personal life and development
Legal People mediates lawyers for all kinds of legal services.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature