Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Assistant Professor of Youth Ministry
The PThU is looking for a theologian for the position of Assistant Professor of Youth Ministry; Possibility of a Tenure Track position.The Protestant …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
The PThU is looking for a theologian for the position of Assistant Professor of Youth Ministry; Possibility of a Tenure Track position.
The Protestant Theological University (PThU) is a specialized university for the theological study of the Christian faith. The PThU stands for high-quality and relevant theological education and research into developments in the Christian faith, the church, and world Christianity.
- Developing, preparing, and providing education at BA, MA, and post-academic levels in the field of Youth Ministry
- Conducting and valorizing scientific research in the field of Youth Ministry
- Contributing to the development of the PThU through participation in workgroups and committees
- Being able to promote and develop the discipline of Youth Ministry in cooperation with stakeholders; in particular, the Protestant Church in the Netherlands (PCN).
In the case of a Tenure Track, the candidate will be able to take on the full range of tasks of an Assistant Professor within a maximum of five years.
- PhD in Practical Theology, preferably in the field of Youth Ministry
- Aspires to an academic career as demonstrated by academic post-doc publications and a relevant research network, including but not limited to contributions to international conferences
- Possesses teaching skills; preferably an experienced teacher in possession of a teaching diploma (such as the Dutch Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs)
- Demonstrably capable of valorizing academic research, specifically those relating to contributions to the ecclesial field of Youth Ministry policy
- Experience as a minister in the Protestant Church in the Netherlands (PCN)
- Good communication skills.
In the case of a Tenure Track, the above-mentioned job requirements will be assessed on the basis of the candidate’s present qualities.
- The appointment is based on 1.0 FTE (full-time equivalent)
- The appointment is for a period of one year with the prospect of a permanent contract
- Depending on experience, the UD salary is based on scale 11 or 12 (cao VSNU: collective labour agreement for Dutch universities); other salary scales may apply to a Tenure Track position
- The PThU focuses on talents by investing in personal and professional development
- The appointment is based in Amsterdam but also entails trips to Groningen for the purpose of carrying out teaching duties
- 70% of commuting expenses (second-class public transport) and 100% of work-related travel expenses (first-class public transport) are reimbursed
- Foreign candidates must be willing to move to the Netherlands and familiarize themselves with the Dutch language upon arrival
- The collective labour agreement for Dutch universities applies
For more information about this vacancy, please visit the PThU website for further details.
Given the composition of the team, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information about the position, please contact the Chair of Practical Theology Amsterdam, Prof. Dr. Marcel Barnard (email@example.com).
Application letters can be sent to C. Kuilboer, attn. Prof. Dr. M. M. Jansen, head of the Appointments Advisory Committee, no later than 1 September 2018. Applications must include a CV, a list of publications, and a summary of teaching experience (and evaluations of teaching experience, if possible), as well as a research proposal for the next three years. As part of the procedure, the ‘Small Synod’ of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands is required to authorize the appointment.
Job interviews will be held on 11 September 2018. As part of the interview, applicants will be asked to present a mini lecture.