Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Neuro- and Data-inspired Theory
As a researcher, you will be responsible for leading your own group, which includes establishing and maintaining an internationally competitive research …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 8371 - € 8371 per maand
As a researcher, you will be responsible for leading your own group, which includes establishing and maintaining an internationally competitive research programme that aligns with the research strengths of IMM, acquisition of research funding (possibly in collaboration with external academic and/or industrial partners), and supervision and guidance of PhD candidates and academic staff.
Your teaching activities will be part of the Educational Institute for Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy. All candidates at the assistant, associate or full professor level will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Ideally, you are a physicist with an excellent track record in the field of neuro- and data-inspired theory, quantum nanoscience, and/or theoretical condensed matter physics. You should have a background in computational methods and fundamental theoretical physics, preferably with a focus on the role of many-body interactions in materials, the quantum properties of solids, or machine learning aspects in quantum information.
You should be:
- An enthusiastic scientist who has the potential to conduct research in the field of neuro- and data-inspired theory and to initiate a novel, internationally recognised research area.
- A motivated lecturer with proven teaching skills who will participate in our faculty's educational programmes.
- A scientist who has the potential to acquire external funding for their research.
- A candidate who is willing to collaborate and represent our institute in national and international research organisations.
- An academic who will contribute to the administrative and organisational tasks of the Faculty of Science, the IMM research institute and the educational programmes they offer.
- Employment: 32- 40 hours per week.
- Assistant Professor: at the start of your tenure track, you will be employed as an Assistant Professor level 2 (salary scale 11, maximum gross monthly salary of €5,127). If, after six years, your performance is evaluated positively, you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor level 1 (salary scale 12, maximum gross monthly salary of €5,826) on the basis of a permanent contract.
- Associate Professor: you will be employed as an Associate Professor level 2 (salary scale 13, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,317) or Associate Professor level 1 (salary scale 14, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,940), depending on your scientific track record and experience. Duration of the contract: to be determined by mutual agreement.
- Full Professor: you will be employed as an Full Professor (salary scale H2, maximum gross monthly salary of €8,371). Duration of the contract: to be determined by mutual agreement. Further information on a tenure track at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof.dr. M.I. Katsnelson, Full Professor
Tel : +31 24 365 2995
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org