Associate Professor of Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
New innovations are vital sources of growth and can play an important role in the shift towards a more sustainable society. The Department of Business …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 5275 - € 6421 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingNew innovations are vital sources of growth and can play an important role in the shift towards a more sustainable society. The Department of Business Administration is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Associate Professor of Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship. to conduct research on and teach students about responsible innovation management entrepreneurship.
As an internationally active researcher, you will contribute to the development of research in line with the department's Responsible Organization research programme. Your research activities will include publishing in international high-quality journals on topics that focus on the combination of technological and/or digital innovation/entrepreneurship and responsibility. Furthermore, you will attract external research funding from national, European and/or private institutions. Particularly the development of proposals for PhD projects and attracting funding for these projects will be an important task for the selected candidate. You will be expected to strengthen and actively contribute to the hot spot Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Business Ecosystems, which is the main focus of our multidisciplinary research group. You will teach courses in the Bachelor's degree programme in Business Administration and/or the Master's specialisation in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. In addition, you will supervise Master's and Bachelor's students working on their theses. As you join the chair group of Marketing, you should preferably be familiar and have an affinity with the marketing discipline.
- You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist, and a strong teamplayer, passionate about both research and education.
- You have a PhD degree in business administration or a related field.
- You have an excellent scientific reputation, evidenced by an excellent publication record in internationally recognised high-quality journals on topics that combine technological and/or digital innovation/entrepreneurship and responsibility.
- Active involvement in international collaborative networks and strong connections to organisational and business practice.
- Proven experience in attracting research funding from research councils and other external parties.
- At least five years of experience in teaching in the field of innovation management and/or entrepreneurship at a university level.
- Excellent teaching qualities, an enthusiasm for teaching and working with students, and the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods as well as the ability to coordinate academic courses or study programmes. A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to supervise and inspire PhD candidates.
- Proven ability to cooperate across disciplinary boundaries and to support an academic organisation in its administrative tasks as evidenced by coordination of a study programme and/or membership of internal committees and councils (such as a scientific advisory committee or examination board).
- Excellent English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch.
- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €5,275 and a maximum of €6,421 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 13).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 1.5 years with a permanent position after positive evaluation.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Yvonne Benschop, Chair of Business Administration
Bas Hillebrand, Professor of Marketing Management and Innovation