Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Nanomedicine
You will be expected to be an independent researcher able to embed yourself in the Systems Chemistry Department. You will collaborate on and actively seek out …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5127 - € 5127 per maand
You will be expected to be an independent researcher able to embed yourself in the Systems Chemistry Department. You will collaborate on and actively seek out cross-disciplinary projects within the department and the larger nanomedicine cluster. You will complement the existing research lines of PIs Prof. Wilson and Dr Kouwer, and open up a new synergistic direction within the department.
Potential topics of interest include but are not limited to: miniaturised instrumentation, nanofluidics and sensing, imaging and nanomedicine delivery and therapeutics. Candidates with a broad interest in nanomedicine and complex molecular systems are also encouraged to apply. Ideally, you have a background in physical chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering and/or bionanotechnology and are able to strengthen the Department’s nanomedicine research.
- You are an enthousiastic and ambitious scientist, hold a PhD and have the skills required to conduct research in the field of nanomedicine and initiate a novel, internationally recognised research area within IMM.
- You are an enthusiastic lecturer willing to participate in the educational programmes of the Faculty of Science.
- You are able to acquire external funding for your research.
- You are interested in the industrial or societal application of your research and willing to participate in projects of a multidisciplinary nature.
- Employment: 32- 40 hours per week.
- A gross monthly salary from a minimum of €3,746 to a maximum of €5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (scale 11-12). The exact salary depends on your qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Further information on a tenure track at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for a six-year period; after positive evaluation, you may be offered a permanent contract.
- The intended start date is 1 March 2021.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. Daniela Wilson, Professor of Systems Chemistry
Prof. Ger Pruijn, Professor of Biomolecular Chemistry, Chair of the Appointment Committee