Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Pure Mathematics
As a tenure track assistant professor you will carry out research in one of the core areas in Mathematics, publish in leading journals in this area, and give …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5826 - € 5826 per maand
As a tenure track assistant professor you will carry out research in one of the core areas in Mathematics, publish in leading journals in this area, and give talks at important conferences in this field.
You will teach in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Mathematics, and you should also be able to teach Mathematics courses in the study programmes of other disciplines. In addition, you will supervise Bachelor's and Master's projects and actively contribute to organisational tasks in the institute. We place a high value on excellent communication skills and an open and outgoing attitude towards interdepartmental interaction at the Faculty of Science, the recruitment of new students, and other outreach activities.
- PhD in Mathematics and are a proven independent researcher.
- Working in one or more subfields of algebra, pure analysis, geometry (including algebraic, arithmetic or differential geometry), number theory or topology.
- A demonstrated track record of publishing in leading scientific journals and conferences.
- You have convincingly formulated your own research programme.
- Excellent teaching skills and preferably some academic teaching experience.
- Able to teach a broad range of courses in our study programme. If you are not sufficiently fluent in Dutch, you will be allowed to teach in English.
- You should, however, be willing and able to acquire the skills necessary to lecture in Dutch within three years.
- The potential to generate external research funding to support research projects.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week (0.8 - 1.0 FTE).
- At the start of your tenure track you will be employed as an Assistant Professor level 2 (salary scale 11, maximum gross monthly salary of €5,127) for a six year period. Upon a positive performance evaluation, you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor level 1 (salary scale 12, maximum gross monthly salary of €5,826) on the basis of a permanent contract. Further information on tenure tracks at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- The intended start date is as soon as possible.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. W. van Suijlekom, Associate Professor