1 dag geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Theoretical Chemistry with a focus on Cold Molecule Research
As a tenure-track Assistant Professor you will further strengthen research in theoretical chemistry, particularly in the field of Cold Molecule Research. We …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5127 - € 5127 per maand
As a tenure-track Assistant Professor you will further strengthen research in theoretical chemistry, particularly in the field of Cold Molecule Research. We will encourage you to look for opportunities to strengthen and expand the current activities of the Theoretical and Computational Chemistry and Spectroscopy of Cold Molecules groups, while also being open to other collaborations within the Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM).
You will be responsible for setting up an internationally competitive research programme, acquisition of research funding (possibly in collaboration with external academic and/or industrial partners), and the supervision and guidance of PhD candidates. Your teaching activities will particularly involve teaching theoretical chemistry courses and will be part of the Education Institute for Molecular Sciences, which is responsible for the Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Chemistry, Molecular Life Sciences and Science.
- A background and a PhD in theoretical chemistry or physics, with a focus on cold molecule theory. Relevant areas of expertise include method development in quantum scattering and electronic structure theory and application to molecular collisions, quantum gases, and spectroscopy.
- An excellent track record as demonstrated by publications, presentations at international conferences and international collaborations.
- Teaching experience as demonstrated by, for instance, student supervision and summer school lecturing and an interest in participating in the educational programmes of our faculty (particularly in teaching theoretical chemistry courses).
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- The exact salary depends on your qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. A gross monthly salary from a minimum of €3,746 to a maximum of €5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (scale 11-12).
- Further information on a tenure track at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for a six-year period; after positive evaluation, you may be offered a permanent contract.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof.dr. Gerrit C. Groenenboom, Professor of Theoretical Chemistry
Prof. dr. Herma Cuppen, Professor of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry