Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor Digital Humanities and Information Science (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Arts is seeking an Assistant Professor in the area of Digital Humanities and Information Science (60% teaching, 40% research) for a period of five years. The candidate will contribute to the Bachelor and Master programmes in both Digital Humanities and Information
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 100 - € 100 per maand
The Faculty of Arts is seeking an Assistant Professor in the area of Digital Humanities and Information Science (60% teaching, 40% research) for a period of five years. The candidate will contribute to the Bachelor and Master programmes in both Digital Humanities and Information Science. The Digital Humanities master-track has a broad humanities focus, while the Information Science programmes focus on Language Technology, Web Technology and Computer communication. We are therefore looking for an experienced researcher in the areas of Digital Humanities, Language Technology, Web Technology, and/or Human Computer Communication.
The research will be embedded in the Centre for Digital Humanities and the Groningen Center for Language and Cognition (CLCG) research institute.
- teaching course units in the field of Digital Humanities, Human Computer Communication, Language Technology and Web Technology, within the aforementioned Bachelor and Master programmes
- conducting research at a recognized level in one or more of the above-mentioned fields
- external grant acquisition
- supervising Bachelor's and Master's theses in the above-mentioned fields.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as excellent social and communication skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a results-oriented attitude, we are looking for a candidate who has a PhD in the field of Information Science, Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Digital Humanities, Artificial Intelligence or a related field and,
in the area of teaching:
- has academic teaching experience at various levels
- is willing to work in an interdisciplinary teaching environment
- has gained the University Teaching Qualification or is prepared to do so within a year
- is an excellent teacher, as demonstrated by positive teaching evaluations
- is able to make concrete contributions to the development of course units, partly by actively linking teaching to research
- within 2 years non-Dutch candidates need to have knowledge of Dutch to at least CEFR B2 level (for reading and listening); Dutch candidates need to have a sufficient knowledge of English (CEFR B2/C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking). The University provides language courses in Dutch and English.
in the area of research:
- is the author of at least two peer-reviewed international publications every year
- is able to set up his or her own research line and publish within it, dovetailing with the profile of Digital Humanities and/or the CLCG research institute
- has international experience and an international network.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen is offering a salary based on qualifications and experience of between € 3,475 (scale 11 cao Dutch Universities) and € 5,405 (scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position, plus 8% holiday allowance and an annual end-of-year bonus of 8.3%. For more detailed information about working conditions and working for the University of Groningen, please check: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/.
The appointment will be for a period of five years.
The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for the University of Groningen (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities 2015-2016, available in English at www.vsnu.nl).
Date of entry into employment: preferably per 1 August 2018 or soon thereafter
How to apply
You may apply for this position until 31 May 23.59 h / before 1 June 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applications should include:
• a letter containing your motivation for applying for this position
• a full curriculum vitae (including list of publications and relevant teaching experience)
• the names and contact details of two academic referees.
Job interviews will be held on 21 and 22 June 2018, a short lecture can be part of the selection procedure.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationdr. S.I. Aasman (the director of the Centre for Digital Humanities)
+ 31 50 363 4648,
Ms. drs. C. Mast
+ 31 50 363 5855,