Ongeveer 4 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for an Assistant Professor Methodology and Statistics. Are you interested? Then plea…
The Faculty of Arts is seeking an Assistant Professor in the area of Digital Humanities and Information Science (60% teaching, 40% research) for a period of five years. The candidate will contribute to the Bachelor and Master programmes in both Digital Humanities and Information
The Faculty of Arts is seeking an Assistant Professor in the area of Digital Humanities and Information Science (60% teaching, 40% research) for a period of five years. The candidate will contribute to the Bachelor and Master programmes in both Digital Humanities and Information Science. The Digital Humanities master-track has a broad humanities focus, while the Information Science programmes focus on Language Technology, Web Technology and Computer communication. We are therefore looking for an experienced researcher in the areas of Digital Humanities, Language Technology, Web Technology, and/or Human Computer Communication.
The research will be embedded in the Centre for Digital Humanities and the Groningen Center for Language and Cognition (CLCG) research institute.
- teaching course units in the field of Digital Humanities, Human Computer Communication, Language Technology and Web Technology, within the aforementioned Bachelor and Master programmes
- conducting research at a recognized level in one or more of the above-mentioned fields
- external grant acquisition
- supervising Bachelor's and Master's theses in the above-mentioned fields.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as excellent social and communication skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a results-oriented attitude, we are looking for a candidate who has a PhD in the field of Information Science, Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Digital Humanities, Artificial Intelligence or a related field and,
in the area of teaching:
- has academic teaching experience at various levels
- is willing to work in an interdisciplinary teaching environment
- has gained the University Teaching Qualification or is prepared to do so within a year
- is an excellent teacher, as demonstrated by positive teaching evaluations
- is able to make concrete contributions to the development of course units, partly by actively linking teaching to research
- within 2 years non-Dutch candidates need to have knowledge of Dutch to at least CEFR B2 level (for reading and listening); Dutch candidates need to have a sufficient knowledge of English (CEFR B2/C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking). The University provides language courses in Dutch and English.
in the area of research:
- is the author of at least two peer-reviewed international publications every year
- is able to set up his or her own research line and publish within it, dovetailing with the profile of Digital Humanities and/or the CLCG research institute
- has international experience and an international network.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature