PhD Candidate for the Project “Moving Animals: A History of Science, Media and Policy in the Twentieth Century””
Ongeveer 5 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
The successful candidate is expected to prepare, coordinate and teach new courses in the fields of European Culture, Literature, and Politics; research, and supervise undergraduate, graduate and PhD students in the fields of Contemporary French and Spanish Literature, Culture, an
The successful candidate is expected to prepare, coordinate and teach new courses in the fields of European Culture, Literature, and Politics; research, and supervise undergraduate, graduate and PhD students in the fields of Contemporary French and Spanish Literature, Culture, and/or Political Science in a multidisciplinary, multilingual and international context. The candidate is expected to develop new ideas in research and education, and acquire funding (independently or jointly with other colleagues) for future research.
The selected candidate will work with other colleagues in the Chair Groups of European Culture & Literature and Politics and Society organized within the Programme of European Languages and Cultures. The programme consists of a multidisciplinary team of researchers collaborating with other departments in the faculty and/or funded by externally raised funds and international guests-researchers. The team covers many areas of Contemporary European Culture and Literature and European Politics with strong focus on cross-disciplinary work.
The position will involve a teaching load of 60% (including administration) and 40% research. The call is open to candidates from a Cultural Studies, Literary Studies, or Political Science/Political Theory background; the successful candidate should demonstrate his/her ability to connect effectively to the multidisciplinary ongoing research projects and contribute to the faculty’s excellence in teaching and research.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as excellent social and communicative skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a result-oriented attitude, we are looking for a candidate with a PhD in French and/or Spanish Culture and Literature, or Cultural Studies, or Political Science/Political Theory.
In the area of teaching:
- teaching experience at university level in the field of French and/or Spanish Culture and Literature, or Cultural Studies, or Political Science/Political Theory
- has gained the University Teaching Qualifications or is prepared to do so within a year
- proven experience in designing new courses at university level and peer instruction
- proven experience at coordinating teaching programmes at university level
- the ability to teach in English, as well French and/or Spanish; knowledge of Dutch or willingness to learn within a reasonable period of time may be a condition for tenure.
In the area of research:
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals
• a willingness to obtain research funding grants.
In the area of management and organization:
• ability to work both individually and in a multidisciplinary team
• organizational competence, entrepreneurship and excellent communication skills
• leadership skills
• ability to meet deadlines and produce work of consistently high standard.