Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor (Universitair Docent) European Culture, Literature&Politics
The successful candidate is expected to prepare, coordinate and teach new courses in the fields of European Culture, Literature, and Politics; research, and supervise undergraduate, graduate and PhD students in the fields of Contemporary French and Spanish Literature, Culture, an
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5513 - € 5513 per maand
The successful candidate is expected to prepare, coordinate and teach new courses in the fields of European Culture, Literature, and Politics; research, and supervise undergraduate, graduate and PhD students in the fields of Contemporary French and Spanish Literature, Culture, and/or Political Science in a multidisciplinary, multilingual and international context. The candidate is expected to develop new ideas in research and education, and acquire funding (independently or jointly with other colleagues) for future research.
The selected candidate will work with other colleagues in the Chair Groups of European Culture & Literature and Politics and Society organized within the Programme of European Languages and Cultures. The programme consists of a multidisciplinary team of researchers collaborating with other departments in the faculty and/or funded by externally raised funds and international guests-researchers. The team covers many areas of Contemporary European Culture and Literature and European Politics with strong focus on cross-disciplinary work.
The position will involve a teaching load of 60% (including administration) and 40% research. The call is open to candidates from a Cultural Studies, Literary Studies, or Political Science/Political Theory background; the successful candidate should demonstrate his/her ability to connect effectively to the multidisciplinary ongoing research projects and contribute to the faculty’s excellence in teaching and research.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as excellent social and communicative skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a result-oriented attitude, we are looking for a candidate with a PhD in French and/or Spanish Culture and Literature, or Cultural Studies, or Political Science/Political Theory.
In the area of teaching:
- teaching experience at university level in the field of French and/or Spanish Culture and Literature, or Cultural Studies, or Political Science/Political Theory
- has gained the University Teaching Qualifications or is prepared to do so within a year
- proven experience in designing new courses at university level and peer instruction
- proven experience at coordinating teaching programmes at university level
- the ability to teach in English, as well French and/or Spanish; knowledge of Dutch or willingness to learn within a reasonable period of time may be a condition for tenure.
In the area of research:
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals
• a willingness to obtain research funding grants.
In the area of management and organization:
• ability to work both individually and in a multidisciplinary team
• organizational competence, entrepreneurship and excellent communication skills
• leadership skills
• ability to meet deadlines and produce work of consistently high standard.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary for the assistant professor dependent on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 3,545 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 5,513 (scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. In addition, we offer an 8% holiday allowance and an annual end of year bonus of 8.3%. The conditions are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
The appointee will ideally commence as soon as possible. The position is at 1.0 FTE. The appointment will initially be on a temporary basis for a non-renewable maximum length of 5 years.
The University of Groningen is an equal-opportunity employer and has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists and members of under-represented groups. Therefore, female candidates and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply. The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
How to apply
You may apply for this position until 16 August 23:59h / before 17 August 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applicants should fill in the application form and upload four PDF files:
1. The first file includes a letter of motivation
2. The second file includes a CV with a list of five self-selected “best papers”; the complete list of publications and the names and contact details of three referees
3. The third file includes a brief description of scientific interests and plans; a statement about teaching goals and experience (maximum two pages in total). This can be loaded under ”extra document” on the website
4. The fourth file includes an appropriate writing sample. This can be loaded under ”extra document” on the website.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Pablo Valdivia Martin
Prof. Lars Rensmann