1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
In the context of a joint research project with Utrecht University, HERE, Fugro, and the NDW, we offer a 4-year PhD student position in the Applied Geometric A…
As an Assistant Professor, you will contribute to teaching, research and co-ordination tasks. Your main teaching tasks will be in bachelor and master courses related to spatial, digital and institutional design, and in supervising master and/or bachelor theses. To strengthen our
As an Assistant Professor, you will contribute to teaching, research and co-ordination tasks. Your main teaching tasks will be in bachelor and master courses related to spatial, digital and institutional design, and in supervising master and/or bachelor theses. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a colleague with a keen interest in the relationship between urban planning, mobility issues and digital developments (e.g. traffic and mobility modelling, social media and virtual spaces), contributing to our research on spatial and institutional design. The Assistant Professor will invest 60% of his/her time in teaching and management, and 40% in research (including PhD supervision).
As Department we have a strong desire to relate its research and educational programmes to digital developments. This involves handling and combining various digital programmes in support of sustainable urban development and traffic and infrastructure. New technologies are considered relevant to the extent to which these generate novel insights to complex spatial problems and further can support collaboration and civic engagement. We consider the digital era an opportunity for engaging further in sustainable urban development and traffic and transport modelling.
The Assistant Professor:
• has a PhD in the wider field of spatial planning, mobility studies, urbanism, water management, landscape architecture, geography
• has an interest in, and has in depth knowledge about spatial design approaches and techniques, and it's meaning for institutional processes of planning and decision-making
• will develop and maintain design studio environment (atelier, laboratory, etc) for research and education purposes
• has experience in various teaching approaches; awareness of and willingness to use the latest innovations in teaching techniques
• is in the possession of a university teaching qualification or is prepared to acquire this qualification within a reasonable timeframe
• will take a responsibility in one or more Faculty committees related to the educational programmes
• has publications in international peer-reviewed academic journals in the field of spatial design, infrastructure planning and mobility policies
• will develop a research agenda which is in line with the Faculty and Department research focus and will supervise PhD students within this research focus
• contributes to profiling Departmental work on spatial design, development and innovation, and spatial planning and decision-making, also in collaboration with new and ongoing partnerships
• is fluent in English and Dutch or has the willingness to learn Dutch.
• conceptually capacity
• environmental orientation
• presenting skills
• result orientation.
Faculty of Spatial Sciences
The Department of Planning and Environment of the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (RUG) is looking for an Assistant Professor Urban Design and Mobility.
The Faculty of Spatial Sciences consists of 95 members of staff and around a thousand students. We focus on high quality teaching and research in the fields of cultural geography, demography, economic geography, and spatial planning. Our research theme is 'towards Wellbeing, Innovation and Spatial Transformation' (tWIST). It is our mission to produce research which is world-leading, distinctive, and policy-relevant. With two bachelor and eight master programmes, we provide a wide range of courses within the field.
The Department of Planning and Environment contributes to the bachelor programmes of Spatial Planning & Design and Human Geography & Planning, and is responsible for the master programmes Environment & Infrastructure Planning and Socio-spatial Planning. The Department’s research is centered around institutional design for purposeful interventions within the human environment. We continuously renew our research and educational programmes, for example by incorporating innovative digital developments. We further aim to develop and improve our Centre for Advanced Studies in Urban Science and Design (CASUS).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature