Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Full Professor of Classics (1.0 FTE)
To share our success of both our BA and MA programs, to develop together a new bachelor track about the classical world (with no or a minor role for the languages) we are looking for you as an academic expert in Greek and Latin literature and languages with a proven interest in t
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 8371 - € 8371 per maand
To share our success of both our BA and MA programs, to develop together a new bachelor track about the classical world (with no or a minor role for the languages) we are looking for you as an academic expert in Greek and Latin literature and languages with a proven interest in the cultural-historical study of antiquity.
If your educational and research interest comprise the two classical languages, if you have a proven track record in interdisciplinary research or research collaboration with colleagues of cultural-historical studies of the classical world, if your leadership style is encouraging for the group members to get the best out of themselves, and you want to participate in local and (inter)national cooperation, we encourage you to apply.
As a Full professor, 60% of your time is for teaching & educational management and 40% for research & societal impact.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree in Classics (focus on Greek and/or Latin language and literature) or any other closely related discipline, together with a minimum of 5 years of experience with teaching programs and courses, administrative tasks and supervision
• experience with interdisciplinary collaboration
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record of books and articles in international peer-reviewed journals, further evidenced by participation in internationally renowned conferences, leading roles in editorial boards of professional journals, and a relevant, strategic international network
• successfully obtained a research project subsidy or submitted a research application that has been assessed as excellent
• evidenced experience in teaching and in contributing substantially to BA/MA degree programs of Classics (with courses in one, preferably both classical languages)
• demonstrated quality to design and coordinate successful courses as well as to successfully supervise BA/MA students, PhD’s and Postdocs. Demonstrated ability of curriculum development
• demonstrated experience with creating societal impact and capability to translate research and teaching to a general audience
• demonstrable excellent leadership and organizational skills
• fluency in English (C1 level of the CEFR) and Dutch or willingness to learn the Dutch language within two years (to at least C1 level of the CEFR – for reading and listening).
And if you are:
• communicating a clear and innovative vision of academic education in general and transcending your own discipline. You have shown to be able to convert this vision into your teaching practice, developing and improving both the content and the didactic methods of the courses, together with the ensuing tests (also online)
• a clearly visible and (internationally) acknowledged expert in your field of research
• a team player with good communication skills
• capable of translating research and teaching to a general audience, thus creating societal impact
• contributing to the organization of research and teaching in Classics, for example by participating in committees or working groups
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification and academic leadership courses with the ability to reflect on your leadership qualities and style
• expected to submit (an) application(s) for external funding of a (major) research project (within 3 years after your appointment).
If you are familiar with the Dutch educational system and the place of Classics therein we consider this an asset.
We will considering you as applicant only if you are ready to move to Groningen and live in the near environment of Groningen within a period of two years.
ConditionsWe offer you, depending on your qualifications, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary as a Full Professor, dependent on qualifications and work experience, from € 5,749 up to a maximum of € 8,371 gross per month (scale H2) for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• a mentor programme and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Curious about our further conditions of employment? You can find them here: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/conditions-employment
A description of the chair can be obtained from the Office of the Faculty of Arts, Ms T. Oosterman, telephone: + 31 50 3635834, e-mail: email@example.com
Date of appointment: 1 August 2021 (or earlier if possible)
Additional informationProf. G.C. Wakker
31 50 3638192
Prof. Anthonya Visser, Dean of the Faculty of Arts
Gravitation program ‘Anchoring Innovation’ (2017-2027)
National master program