Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD position in the synthesis and study of responsive polymers (1.0 FTE)
The projection is part of a collaborative effort between Profs. Ben Feringa and Ryan Chiechi to investigate the properties of molecular materials and systems that are out of equilibrium. This project focuses on the materials aspect and seeks to leverage chemo- and light-responsiv
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
The projection is part of a collaborative effort between Profs. Ben Feringa and Ryan Chiechi to investigate the properties of molecular materials and systems that are out of equilibrium. This project focuses on the materials aspect and seeks to leverage chemo- and light-responsive functional groups and molecular switches that can held in a dissipative, out-of-equilibrium state by constant irradiation and or exposure to chemical stimuli.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- designing and synthesizing small functional molecules (and polymers) bearing responsive functional groups, e.g., as pendant groups on conjugated and non-conjugated polymers
- fully characterize and measure the responsive properties of the new compounds synthesized
- via collaboration, incorporate these materials and molecules into thin-films to determine their ionic and electronic conductivity.
● a master degree in chemistry or a related field
● experience in organic synthesis
● a willingness to help build a new project from the ground up
● the ability to work in a collaborative environment and across disciplinary boundaries.
An ideal candidate will also have:
● experience synthesizing and characterizing organic materials
● knowledge of polymer chemistry
● experience working with organic materials in the solid state (e.g., thin films).
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary of € 2,325 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 2,972 gross per month in the fourth and final year, based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus
• a position for four years; you will get a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years; prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate that a successful completion of the PhD thesis within the next three years is to be expected.
• a PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidate will be enrolled in the Graduate School of Science and Engineering.
Additional informationRenate Hekkema (please do not send applications directly to this address)