Postdoc Theoretical Chemistry (1.0 FTE)
You will work on the development of a theoretical framework to enable hybrid quantum/classical dynamical simulations of light-induced processes in medium-size molecules with explicit inclusion of the environment. This will be done in the context of direct (on-the-fly) quantum dyn
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4274 - € 4274 per maand
You will work on the development of a theoretical framework to enable hybrid quantum/classical dynamical simulations of light-induced processes in medium-size molecules with explicit inclusion of the environment. This will be done in the context of direct (on-the-fly) quantum dynamic by mean of the variational Multi-Configuration Gaussian (vMCG) approach that is implemented in Quantics software, in conjunction with Q-Chem, a quantum chemistry software, as well as Gromacs, a molecular mechanics software.
You will supervise students during their master’s project and internship.
The position is embedded in Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials (ZIAM).
• PhD in a relevant subject, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen
• strong background in electronic structure, quantum/classical dynamics, and molecular structure
• extensive data analysis skills, good programming skills (Fortran, C++, or Python)
• promising research record
• convincing publication record
• an excellent command of English.
• excellent interpersonal skills (indicated by the ability to work in a team, write scientific papers and deliver presentations).
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary of € 3,255 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 4,274 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time working week
• a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• a temporary position of one year with the option of a two-years extension, conditional on sufficient progress in the first year; the contract will not be extended after the three years period.
We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The preferred starting date is before July 2019.
You may apply for this position until 30 May 11.59pm / before 31 May 2019 Dutch local time (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• a letter of motivation (including your scientific field as well as teaching interest)
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• contact information of three academic referees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Shirin Faraji, Chair of Theoretical Chemistry
Theoretical Chemistry Group
University of Groningen