2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Rosalind Franklin Tenure Track Professorship Faculty Campus Fryslân (1.0 FTE)
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academ
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 100 Rosalind Franklin Fellows, many of whom by now have reached the rank of Full Professor.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.
You will establish an independent, largely externally funded research programme in collaboration with colleagues at our University and elsewhere. You will participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of your discipline.
Within our research flagship Health & Food we are looking for a candidate in the public health domain who is capable of putting the faculty's objective “local solutions for global challenges” into practice. As this domain also touches upon Governance and Culture, we invite outstanding candidates from various backgrounds with interest in interdisciplinary approaches to apply for the position. These backgrounds include but are not limited to a nutritional, social, psychological or epidemiological expertise with an interest in the underpinnings and positive stimulation of a healthy lifestyle.
The Campus’ motivated team values teamwork and provides a stimulating working environment in which mutual support is combined with room for individual initiative. You will become a member of our highly motivated team in a stimulating academic and international community that highly values teamwork while leaving ample room for individual initiative.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD in Global or Public Health, Health Sciences or a comparable domain
- the demonstrated capacity to deliver research outcomes that are of interest to science as well as to society
- experience in the development of research projects and programs and a proven track record in applying for national and or international funding
- the ability to initiate and conduct academic research as reflected in an established record of publications in leading scientific journals
- the willingness to apply an inter- and transdisciplinary approach to research, education and to societal partners
- an international and proactive outlook fitting to a new and dynamic organisation
- excellent command of the English language, including good communication skills. Dutch language abilities would be an asset
- a University Teaching Qualification, or the willingness to acquire this qualification within two years after the starting date.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a Tenure Track position leading to full professor
- a flying start with you research because you will get funding to appoint your own PhD candidate
- a salary for Assistant Professor based on your qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. For the Associate professor positions, salaries range from € 5,039 (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 6,738 (scale 14)
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- an employee pension scheme
- paid maternity and parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE).
For this position we aim for a senior candidate in the range of associate professor.
We acknowledge that talented prospective staff often have talented spouses or partners who also wish to further their Careers therefore we offer Dual-Career Support https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/dual-career-support/
For more information about our Tenure Track career path please see following brochure: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/career-opportunities/tenuretrackpolicymemorandum2017.pdf
You may apply for this position until 2 June 11.59 pm / before 3 June 2019 (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
1. a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications (CV attachment)
2. a letter of motivation (Letter of motivation attachment)
3. a 3-5 page statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals (Extra attachment)
4. a list of five selected ‘best papers’ (preferably including copies) (Extra attachment 2)
5. the names and contact information (including email address) of three referees (Extra attachment 3).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Andrej Zwitter, Dean of Campus Fryslân
Dr Tim van Zutphen, Programme Manager Health & Food
Recruitment code (NVP)
European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature