Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
As a PhD candidate you will be responsible for research activities within the NORFACE/Belmont forum T2S programme ‘Securing Tenure, Sustainable Peace?', a …
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Continuous Machine Learning at the level of assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Artificial Intelligence who will integrate knowledge of current deep learning with what is known about co
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Continuous Machine Learning at the level of assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Artificial Intelligence who will integrate knowledge of current deep learning with what is known about continuous incremental learning in cognitive systems. You should have affinity with non-standard neuron models (e.g., spiking neurons). Rather than training single-trick models, the challenge is to develop systems that can build upon existing skills (e.g., Hinton's capsules) and adapt to new tasks in a compositional manner. New paradigms for performance evaluation and benchmarking need to be designed, with a possible translation to neuromorphic hardware platforms in mind. The position is embedded in the Autonomous Perceptive Systems group of the Bernoulli Institute, with strong collaborations with materials science, cognitive neuroscience and computer science.
The position will play a crucial role within the Center “Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials” (CogniGron). This is a unique research center, where researchers from materials science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence work together to create self-learning materials that will perform the tasks that are now assigned to thousands of transistors and complex algorithms. We offer a challenging position in a unique world-class research environment, in which close collaborations between research groups with different expertise are encouraged.
We will support the candidate with an attractive start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art facilities, which are constantly being improved to strengthen our program.
Once appointed, you are expected to be a full-time, independent group leader.
We are recruiting at the level of Assistant (tenure track), Associate (tenure) or Full Professor, depending on your profile.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree with at least two years of postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in (inter)national peer-reviewed journals and/or in peer-reviewed books and renowned conferences
• proof of independence and international recognition
• successes in acquiring external funding for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan that matches the mission of the Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (see: www.rug.nl/fse/cognigron).
And if you are:
• a great team player with organizational qualities and good interpersonal skills
• fluent in English
• a good teacher and willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualifications
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature