3 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Geleen
Tenure Track Assistant Professor International Management (1.0-0.8 FTE)
We are looking for a tenure track assistant professor for International Management that fits the research profile of our department. Regarding teaching, you will contribute to courses in the Bachelor of Science (BSc) and Master of Science (MSc) programmes offered by the departmen
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3922 - € 3922 per maand
We are looking for a tenure track assistant professor for International Management that fits the research profile of our department. Regarding teaching, you will contribute to courses in the Bachelor of Science (BSc) and Master of Science (MSc) programmes offered by the department, including the supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses. Contribution to the highly selective two-year research master is also possible. We also expect that candidates are willing to take recent developments on board in their teaching such as Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence, Future Prosperity and Sustainability. These themes are recognized as societally relevant “focus areas” in our School.
You will have the ability to conduct high-quality, creative research in the areas of interest to the department and publish your work in high-ranked international journals. You will work in a dynamic academic environment with excellent research facilities. You are expected to have management qualities, show leadership skills and to be able to provide motivation and supervision.
Based on the standardized faculty procedures, you will devote 50 percent of your contractual hours to research during your tenure track period.
To qualify you should have:
• a PhD in (International) Management/Business
• an expertise in the above-mentioned field proven by the ability (or the potential) to publish in the top-tier international academic peer-reviewed journals
• a proven interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
• an international network
• good interpersonal skills and ability to work individually and with a team
• organizational qualities and excellent communication skills; and
• potential to generate external funding for research projects.
Tenure track positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business are temporary positions subject to a tenure decision after six years. Formal tenure track requirements include criteria with respect to research, education and citizenship and service. During this period, 50% is for research and 50% for teaching (this is including preparation time). We refer the applicants to the criteria for the Tenure Track system (for a complete description see: https://www.rug.nl/feb/organization/work-with-us/job-opprtunities/2021-02-tenure-track-ud-uhd2.pdf
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,807 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,922 (salary scale 12) gross salary per month for a full-time position as Assistant Professor
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
- participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favourable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
You will get an initial appointment for a period of seven years, on the condition of a positive interim evaluation at the end of the third year of employment. The seventh year is to compensate for any ‘life events’ (e.g., parental leave) which might take place during the first six years. Based on a positive final evaluation in the sixth year, you will receive a tenured position at Associate Professor level.
Your starting date should be no later than August 2022
Additional informationProf. Miriam Wilhelm, Chair of search committee
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature