Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in Econometrics (1.0 FTE)
You have excellent teaching skills. You are expected to contribute to the courses in the BSc and MSc programs offered by the Department. You participate in the teaching of both graduate and undergraduate courses, in particular in the fields of Econometrics and Statistics. Moreove
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
You have excellent teaching skills. You are expected to contribute to the courses in the BSc and MSc programs offered by the Department. You participate in the teaching of both graduate and undergraduate courses, in particular in the fields of Econometrics and Statistics. Moreover, you are involved in the supervision of bachelor and master theses.
You also have the ability to conduct original research and to publish in high-ranked international journals. You have a track record of high-quality internationally recognized academic research in the field of Econometrics. The scope of your research can be broad and may include topics such as high-dimensional statistics, time series analysis, panel data models, weak instruments, etcetera.
Research time is allocated according to standardized faculty procedures, which guarantee 50 per cent of time for research during the tenure track period.
We encourage you to apply if you meet the next qualifications:
• a PhD in Econometrics
• experience in the above mentioned research field of (Financial) Econometrics
• excellent writing skills
• a strong interest in publishing in top tier econometrics, finance and economics journals
• a promising and relevant research record
• the potential to generate external funding for research projects
• teaching experience, preferably in Econometrics
• proven interest and/or ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, and in mentoring students
• a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or the willingness to obtain this qualification; and
• a social, positive and dedicated attitude.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,637 to a maximum of € 4,978 gross per month (salary scale 11)
- 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants
- 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full time employment.
Our tenure track positions are temporary positions subject to a tenure decision. In the third year of the appointment, an intermediate evaluation will take place. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure. The tenure track system is a career path that, when completed successfully, leads to a full professorship.
We expect candidates to start by August or September 2020
Additional informationProf. Niels Hermes
Prof. Rob Alessie
Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance:
Research Institute Economics, Econometrics & Finance