Van Tikkie tot gepersonaliseerde mobile advertising en een chatbot die je écht verder helpt: bij Digital Banking bedenken én bouwen we de online winkel waarin …
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) is looking for a Communication Manager motivated to be part of a small global team to advance green freight and logistics worldwide. The Communication Manager is responsible for the management of the overall process of communications in support of the successful implementation of SFC’s Business Plan, in close cooperation with the acting Marketing & Communication Manager.
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 40 uur
- HBO, WO
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar, 5-10 jaar
The Communication Manager will be based at SFC’s head office in Amsterdam. You will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFC partners is key. The Communication Manager reports to the Deputy Executive Director and works in close collaboration with all SFC team members, in particular with the acting Marketing & Communication Manager.
- Manage the development and updating of SFC core marketing and communication products
- Manage content for SFC’s website and social media channels, ensure these are regularly updated and communicate main messages consistently
- Develop relations with media channels, oversee communication to the media, identify opportunities for greater media exposure and track media coverage
- Identify speaking opportunities through partners and event organizers
- Develop and update standards/rules and templates for SFC’s communication and inform staff about these
- Proofread SFC’s main reports and publications on English and grammar
- Give advice and support to staff on how to maximize the effectiveness of their communication, stakeholder engagement and how to increase SFC’s visibility
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- At least 3 years relevant work experience, preferably in smaller organizations
- Experience with B2B communication
- Experience with media and public relations
- Fluent in English, basic working knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- Flexible, able to work independently and proactively in a dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work with different personality types
- Proficient in MS Office and CMS systems, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Motivated to be part of an important cause to make the global freight sector green and efficient
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) was established in 2013 as a global non-profit organization to lead the way to a more efficient and environmentally sustainable global freight sector. SFC mobilizes business to reduce emissions across their global logistics supply chain and recognizes leaders. Together with leading multinationals, partners and other key stakeholders we work towards:
- Harmonized frameworks for emissions calculation and reduction. The first is a universal method for companies to calculate and report their carbon footprint consistently and inform business decisions and efforts to reduce emissions: the GLEC Framework
- Professionalized transport operators for fleet energy management. SFC developed a Smart Transport Managers Training (STMT) that equips transport managers to become elite professionals on efficient truck fleet management. A community of professional transport operators is critical for multinationals to realize emission reduction targets.
- Connected business and stakeholders to accelerate action. SFC organizes events and manages/advises on projects that are relevant to business, and advocates for smarter freight with government, initiatives and other players.
SFC’s target audience is diverse, our areas of work are increasingly interlinked, and our staff members and advisors need to operate as one team to deliver on SFC’s business plan. In addition, SFC is increasingly engaged in marketing its services to companies and organizations that influence them, and we seek to increase SFC’s visibility in the media and with stakeholders.