Assistant Professor in Technology and operations management (with a focus on marketing)
The Faculty of Science at the University of Leiden is looking for an Assistant Professor in Technology and operations management (with a focus on marketing)(0.8-1.0 FTE).
- J.H. Oortweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
As part of its expansion, Science Based Business (SBB) at the University of Leiden’s Faculty of Science is recruiting an Assistant Professor in Technological and Operations Management to take the lead in the development of new research and teaching programs in marketing (analytics).
SBB spans science, medicine, and business, focusing on areas such as technology management, innovation, entrepreneurship, operations, and decision making. SBB programs fuse business scholarship with technology and industry engagement, and accordingly forge strong relationships to other groups within the Faculty of Science and the Leiden University Medical School. Key themes around which SBB is forging collaborations across the university, and with industry are precision medicine, data sciences, and instrumentation. As part of its continuing expansion, SBB is developing new research and teaching programs in technology and operations management.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Produce impactful, quality research in international top journals;
- Develop and deliver new marketing courses in strategic marketing and marketing analytics;
- Forge collaborations with colleagues from across different institutes that make up the Faculty of Science, and LUMC, as well as industry partners at the Leiden BioScience park and beyond;
- Contribute to the development of new degree programs in SBB;
- Forge collaborations with colleagues from across different institutes that make up the Faculty of Science, and LUMC, as well as industry partners at the Leiden BioScience park and beyond.
- A strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the area of technology and operations management, with a focus on publishing articles on topics of relevance to marketing in top journals;
- A doctoral degree in technology/operations management, or a related field by the time she/he assumes the position;
- Clear affinity with the multidisciplinary mission of Science Based Business that bridges scholarship and practice in management on the one hand, and the natural and biomedical sciences on the other hand;
- Leadership skills required to forge relationships with key stakeholders groups inside and outside the university, and push forward the new research and teaching initiatives tied to SBB;
- Excited to teach management subjects to undergraduate and/or postgraduate students with backgrounds in the sciences and biomedicine.
We offer a position for the duration of 5 years. Salary range for a full-time working week from €3,475 to €5,405 gross per month (pay scale 11 or 12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification staff.leiden.edu/h-r/training/utq/more/bko.html . If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Professor Simcha Jong, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Lisa Fillekes, email email@example.com telephone +31 71 527 4551.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 4 June 2018 an email to Marloes van der Nat via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- A CV;
- A cover letter;
- The names of three references who can be contacted for shortlisted candidates.