1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor of Economics
The Department of Economics of Leiden Law School has a vacancy for an Assistant Professor of Economics (1.0 FTE) . Teaching in the programme of the Department …
- Steenschuur, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3545 - € 5513 per maand
The Department of Economics of Leiden Law School has a vacancy for an Assistant Professor of Economics (1.0 FTE) .
- Teaching in the programme of the Department of Economics (as well as coordinating teaching);
- Research in a field that is relevant for the department;
- Management tasks within the department or faculty.
- A PhD in economics or another discipline that is relevant for the teaching and research profile of the department;
- Experience and affinity with teaching and coordinating courses;
- Excellent teaching qualities, demonstrated for example by teaching evaluations;
- Excellent research qualities which are relevant for the research profile of the department, demonstrated for example by (international) publications. Ideally, the research of the candidate is related to our research programme on social policy. Research agendas which are connected to other research programmes of Leiden Law School could be possible as well.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is considered an advantage. If the successful applicant is not fluent in Dutch, he or she will be expected to learn Dutch within a period of approximately two years;
- You are a team player.
We offer a position for 38 hours per week. This concerns a position for two years, which may be converted into a permanent position. Salary range from €49,488 to €76,961 per year for a full-time position (scale 11 or 12, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). Salary scale depends on education and experience.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Professor Olaf van Vliet.
Applications for this vacancy can be submitted no later than 30 August 2018 via the blue button of our online system. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- A cover letter stating your motivation for this position;
- A CV including a complete list of publications;
- Recent teaching evaluations;
- A publication (or working paper);
- At this stage, it is not necessary to submit references or recommendation letters.
The selection procedure will take place during September 2018.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.