Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Post-doctoral researcher The Hague Program for Cyber Norms
Leiden University, the Hague Program for Cybernorms of the Institute of Security and Global Affairs of the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is looking for a Post-doctoral researcher The Hague Program for Cyber Norms (1,00 FTE)
- Turfmarkt, Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Hague Program for Cyber Norms is an interdisciplinary program for the study of law, politics and norms governing responsible state behaviour in cyberspace. In the program research goes hand in hand with active engagement with the global community of academics, policy makers and other stakeholders in the field of international cyber security.
- Conduct independent and collaborative research in the field of international cyber security, international law, governance and international norms regulating responsible state behaviour in cyberspace;
- Disseminate research findings through high-ranking international blind peer review journals, books, whitepapers, conference presentations, policy reports, policy advise and (inter)national popular media;
- Organise academic conferences and workshops in close cooperation with the senior fellow of the program and co-author policy papers on the basis of events organised by the program;
- Represent the program at national and international events and engage in consultations with other stakeholders in the field of international cyber security and international norms.
- PhD in international relations, political science, (international) law, public administration or another relevant discipline;
- Extensive knowledge of the field of international cyber security, with a solid track record of published research on this topic;
- A record of published peer-reviewed research;
- Multidisciplinary background, and experience with working in multi- or interdisciplinary teams;
- Relevant experience in organizing (academic) events for smaller and larger groups.
- Very good communication and presentation skills, and an excellent command of English;
- A ‘can do’ mentality and a team player spirit.
The successful candidate will be part of an ambitious and dynamic team. He or she will initially be appointed for one year with the possibility of renewal, based on funding and performance,until the end of the project (31 december 2021).
Salary range from €3637 to €4978 gross per month (pay scale 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Dr. Dennis Broeders, email@example.com.