Postdoctoral fellow, Rethinking global raw material supply chains in a post COVID-19 world
The Faculty of Science, the Institute of Environmental Sciences are looking for a Postdoctoral fellow, Rethinking global raw material supply chains in a post COVID-19 world
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
We are looking for an outstanding postdoctoral fellow to support The Circular Industries Hub of the LDE Centre for Sustainability. Within the Circular Industries Hub we focus on the development of resilient supply chains of both primary and secondary materials, circular product design and business models. We are looking for a postdoc that will focus on the question how the current COVID-19 pandemic will influence the thinking about interlinkages in global supply chains and how that will influence the industry in the Dutch Delta. Key tasks include:
- Develop a scientific paper on the impacts of COVID-19 on globalization and interlinkages of supply chains and the possible impacts on the Industry in the Dutch Delta;
- Interview local stakeholders in the Dutch Delta to get input on this paper;
- Valorisation of the research outcomes to policy makers and society at large;
- Support the Industry Hub in developing a long-term strategy for future research.
- You should have a PhD in a relevant field, and ideally have proven already to be productive in terms of scientific output. Relevant backgrounds include, but are not limited to, PhDs in industrial ecology, quantitative sustainability science, innovation studies, engineering and modelling;
- Writing, visualization and programming skills (e.g. in Python) are an advantage;
- Experience with the analysis of global supply chains is an advantage;
- You must be proficient in spoken and written English, have excellent communication skills. If you speak Dutch this is an advantage but it is not crucial;
- Previous teaching experience will also be valued;
- Moreover, you are a team player, are able as well to work independently, take initiative, and have a strong interest and motivation to pursue academic research.
You will be appointed at the Institute of Environmental Sciences of Leiden University. We offer a full-time one year appointment with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. The salary range is from € 2,790.- to € 4,402.- (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) gross per month, based on a full-time appointment.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break (30% ruling). For more information, see the website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to René Kleijn, email firstname.lastname@example.org.