1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Project Manager (1.0 FTE)
The project manager within the innovation theme ‘Working’ is responsible for initiation, execution, monitoring and delivery of projects (multidisciplinary or …
- Turfmarkt, Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 4406 - € 5656 per maand
- The project manager within the innovation theme ‘Working’ is responsible for initiation, execution, monitoring and delivery of projects (multidisciplinary or otherwise). In a just-founded team, you will work with partners on projects that put ‘People first in Innovation’. For these projects, you will set up project definitions, design the project organisation and additionally supervise internal project staff and/or third parties in such a way as to ensure that the formulated project goals will be fulfilled within the predetermined condition;
- You will need to acquire sufficient budget, develop and write proposals, including the required resources, staffing, and schedule. Throughout, you’ll need to maintain and grow a network of prospective and existing clients, primarily with Leiden University’s partner organizations, but also within the University;
- Alongside the execution of projects, you will contribute 20 to 40 percent of your time, with the rest of the team, in shaping a vision on ‘Working’ that is relevant for Leiden University’s students, professionals and partner organizations. This research may result in publications, trainings, value propositions and / or additional partner relations;
- Researching societal, organizational an innovation trends; connecting the topics of ‘Working’, self-directed learning and organizational change;
- Generating ideas which are innovative and impactful for Leiden University and its partners and translating these ideas into pilot propositions;
- To manage a few small innovation projects or one large innovation project for societal value, thereby connecting the projects to research and education of Leiden University ;
- To fulfil the execution of agreements with partners; to acquire new and additional (public or private) partnerships towards projects for societal value; doing so, bridging between research and practice;
- Providing training and meetings to transfer knowledge on innovation methodologies and ‘Working’ trends and prototypes;
- Planning, scheduling and facilitating project meetings with partners in- and outside the University at various stages of the project;
- Keeping in touch with content experts and various levels of the University that make projects a success.
- WO think-work level, with experience and affinity with an academic work and learning environment and experience with working with content experts;
- You are a creative and novel thinker who ensures that progress and concrete results are achieved in a creative environment with high quality standards;
- Familiarity with trends in skills & work, and how they may impact organizations in the future;
- We are looking for a professional that has more than 6 years of experience in an innovation role; experience with current innovation theories, norms, terminology, and processes is an absolute requirement;
- Has worked in and knows the dynamics of a university context; affinity with the goals and processes of Leiden University faculties and expertise centres;
- Can show a clear network for relevant partner organizations, preferably in the private, public and humanitarian sector;
- Team player and collaborative thinker, can work well with multiple stakeholders;
- You know how to prioritize for projects that align with the Centre for Innovation’s strategy; you are able to select for quality engagements (and respectfully decline others) and therefore deliver what you promise;
- Persuasiveness; managing for results; cost-consciousness; planning & organization are necessary personal competences.
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary range from €4,406 to €5,656 gross per month (pay scale 12) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The Centre for Innovation is located in The Hague.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Karen van Muiden, projectleader, e-mail email@example.com, telephone +31 70 800 9341.
Please submit online your application no later than 3 March 2019 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.