Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Tenure track faculty position in experimental quantum matter and optics
The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Physics invite applications for Tenure track faculty position in experimental quantum matter and optics
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The Leiden Institute of Physics (LION) offers a faculty position in experimental quantum matter and optics, with a research emphasis on electronic properties. The successful candidate will have the freedom to develop an independent research program in this broad field, connecting to and expanding on existing research at LION. Our own research in this area ranges from (engineered) quantum materials to quantum optics and photon-matter interactions, reaching out to the physics of energy as well as to chemistry. There will be full access to our joint infrastructure, which includes extensive thin film preparation, nanolithography (including EBPG and FIB), magnetotransport facilities below 1 K, and microscopy techniques such as low-temperature STM, LEEM, AFM, break junctions, and various single-molecule fluorescence techniques.
LION and Leiden University attach much importance to diversity. Also the Ministry for Education, Culture and Science, which is funding the position, strives for gender balance in tenured positions. To further this goal, at present only applications from women will be taken under consideration.
Appointments at associate or full professor level may be considered for truly outstanding candidates.
- Establishing an independent, internationally recognized research line, with publications in leading scientific journals;
- Successful acquisition of external funds through research grants;
- Teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level in physics;
- Supervision of BSc and MSc students in their research projects;
- Contribution to the management and organization of the institute;
- Co-responsibility for a collegial atmosphere in which high-level science can thrive.
- PhD degree in physics and research experience at the postdoctoral level;
- Strong interest in an academic career as evidenced through activities and publication record;
- A research plan that connects to current research at LION;
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Strong commitment to teaching and willingness to further develop teaching skills.
We offer a full-time, 6 year term position, with the opportunity of tenure based on performance. The salary ranges between € 3.746,- and € 5.127,- gross per month (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). In exceptional cases, candidates at the associate or full professor level will be taken into consideration.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its communities. Greater gender balance is an explicit aim of our institute.
Information Tenure Track
We offer a tenure track that upon successful performance will lead to a tenured position as associate professor, and upon continued growth to promotion to a full professor position. A criterion for tenure is a reasonable proficiency in the Dutch language and we actively support learning of Dutch through departmentally funded courses. We offer a competitive start-up package, a clear and inviting career path, a supportive and collegial atmosphere and support in the development of your personal and professional skills, for example through coaching and training. A special mentoring program is offered with fellow Tenure Trackers in a peer group as well as with senior staff members in the department.
Enquiries can be made to Prof. Jan Aarts, email email@example.com, telephone: 071- 527 5708), also for questions about the procedure.