Head of Department of Accounting and Information Management at Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
The Head of the department will take an active lead in optimally aligning the department’s activities in research and education, external funding, …
- Tongersestraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The Head of the department will take an active lead in optimally aligning the department’s activities in research and education, external funding, academic citizenship, and dissemination, and developing a long-term strategic vision for the academic work field. The Head holds responsibility for cultivating and developing the department’s human capital within a positive and welcoming academic work environment. Holding budget responsibility, the Head maintains a financially and administratively well-run department.
The Head is an active member of SBE’s senior management team and should therefore also ensure the department’s contribution to the development and execution of SBE’s overall strategy. Furthermore, the Head will actively stimulate, initiate and intensify collaboration and cooperation of the department of Accounting and Information Management with the other departments and institutes in SBE and beyond. The Head will contribute to the department’s academic and professional exposure (inter)nationally.
SBE is looking for the following in the ideal candidate:
- You are an acknowledged and respected scholar within your field;
- You are research active with recent publications in leading academic journals and meeting the research fellowship criteria of the Graduate School of Business and Economics;
- You are a full or associate professor in the area of accounting or information management;
- You have experience with education and the pedagogical principle of Problem Based Learning (PBL);
- You have a demonstrated ability to attract funding both internationally and nationally;
- You have a demonstrated ability in developing postgraduate (executive) programmes.
- You have experience with creating societal impact and with collaborating with non-academic parties;
- You have management experience and successes;
- You have credibility and impact in relation to staff, students, and other heads, and generate involvement and collaboration when formulating and executing the department’s and SBE’s strategies;
- You have a keen eye for identifying, developing, and motivating talent;
- You understand and see the possibilities of creating synergies between departments of expertise;
- You contribute to the overall management dialogue and development in SBE’s management fora, as well as the collegial leadership development within SBE;
- You contribute to the department’s and SBE’s academic/professional exposure internationally;
- You have a relevant professional and personal network, and the abilities to expand it in relation to the position’s tasks.
The new Head of department has an enthusiastic leadership style focused on connecting individuals. S/he is forward thinking, goal setting and a good communicator.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
The salary of the chosen candidate will be determined in consultation.
For further information regarding the position and the process, please contact Prof. Dr. Ann Vanstraelen (email@example.com) or the Dean Prof. dr. Peter Møllgaard (firstname.lastname@example.org).