Head of Department of Organization, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship at Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) is looking for a Professor or Associate Professor in Organization, Strategy or Entrepreneurship …
- Tongersestraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) is looking for a Professor or Associate Professor in Organization, Strategy or Entrepreneurship who will lead, guide and inspire the Organization, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship (OSE) department.
In an environment committed to high-quality research and research-based education, the new Head will be a role model and will chair the department’s Management Team to achieve positive outcomes in research, education and outreach.
The Head holds responsibility for cultivating and developing the department’s personnel within a positive and welcoming academic work environment. Holding budget responsibility, the Head also maintains a financially and administratively well-run department.
The Head is an active member of SBE’s senior management team and should therefore ensure the department’s contribution to the development and execution of SBE’s overall strategy. Furthermore, the Head will actively stimulate, initiate, and intensify collaboration and cooperation of the department of OSE with the other departments and institutes in SBE and beyond.
- Demonstrated experience managing an academic group, and experience in motivating and inspiring your staff by using interpersonal, intercultural, and leadership skills focused on connecting, motivating, and developing individuals;
- You are forward thinking, goal setting, and a good communicator and team player. You have an affinity with inclusivity, foster sustainable development, you have a connected and co-creative attitude;
- A strong international reputation as a researcher as demonstrated by publications in the fields of Organization, Strategy and/or Entrepreneurship in highly-ranked journals. Having published in multiple fields is a plus;
- A proven track record in student centered learning approaches. Enthusiasm for the Problem Based Learning (PBL) approach is required, experience in PBL settings is a plus;
- Clear interest in developing the outreach of the Department and the School, by obtaining (inter)national research grants (e.g. NWO, ERC), finding multidisciplinary collaboration and increasing the societal impact of scientific research;
- A clear vision on future developments in the research fields of OSE;
- An extensive international academic network.
- A temporary role as Head of Department for the period of three years, with the possibility to extend this term once;
- A five year position (with a possibility for a permanent contract afterwards) for 0.8 to 1 FTE as Professor or Associate Professor, depending on academic merits in research, education, leadership and outreach;
- Salary scale depending on qualifications and work experience, based on our Collective Labour Agreement (CAO-NU);
- Attractive package of fringe benefits, such as substantial leave arrangements, a pension scheme, relocation allowance, and more.
Maastricht University is committed to nurturing an inclusive culture and a welcoming atmosphere. This inclusiveness strategy has resulted in a very diverse representation of nationalities and cultures. We strongly believe that diversity (including, but not limited to nationality, age and gender) of the staff and student population will increase the quality of UM education & research. Fostering diversity and inclusivity creates an academic community where individual talents thrive, and values and differences are cherished. We encourage you to apply if you are qualified for this position.
For further information regarding the position and the process, please contact Dean of SBE, Prof. Dr. Peter Møllgaard (email@example.com).