The postdoctoral fellow will perform cutting-edge research in methods and applications related to data science. The postdoc will specifically focus on research in support of the FAIR principles to establish an Internet of FAIR resources that are maximally Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reproducible. In the short term, the postdoc will develop different metrics and a framework to assess the FAIRness of digital resources. In the long term, the postdoc will be involved in FAIR-focused research projects and grant writing. We are looking for independent researchers who will pursue research and teaching in an intellectually vibrant and multi-disciplinary environment.
- PhD in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, biomedical informatics, artificial intelligence, or equivalent
- Familiarity with FAIR principles
- Excellent scientific background and strong publication record
- Good programming skills (python, R, java)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent oral and written English communication
- (distributed) machine learning
- natural language processing
- knowledge representation and automated reasoning
- data quality assessment methods and techniques
- research data management
- linked data and ontologies
- open science
- 38 hours per week;
- The position is initially offered for two year, subject to evaluation and funding, the position is eligible for extension;
- Salary is competitive, and will be set in scale 10, depending on qualifications and work experience of the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (expected minimum € 2.588,- and maximum € 4.084) for a full-time job (38 hours/week). On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance;
- In addition, we offer an attractive package of fringe benefits such as, reduction on collective health insurance, substantial leave arrangements, parental leave packages, attractive retirement benefits and application for attractive fiscal arrangements for employees from abroad;
- We offer you a stimulating working environment with excellent facilities for professional and personal development;
- The position is embedded in a lively and creative working environment. Maastricht University has an excellent international reputation, and Maastricht itself is a beautiful, open-minded city located in the center of Western Europe;
- The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO), supplement with local UM provisions. For more information on terms of employment, please visit our website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
Applicants are asked to apply via Academic Transfer. It is intended to fill this position as soon as possible.
Informal inquiries concerning this position can be directed to:
Distinguished Professor Data Science, Michel Dumontier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme Manager Institute of Data Science, dr. Claudia van Oppen: email@example.com.